New exhaust 2 1/4"

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New exhaust 2 1/4"

Well that completes the puzzle! Many thanks. I like this mod because it is so easily reversible and it is cheap.

I ordered Spectre part #'s 3994 and 3134 (yellow air filter and CC breather) from my favorite local auto-parts store, total cost less than $40 including tax. Should be in today or tomorrow, will let y'all know how it goes. :-)

Old 10-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Cool just in time for a weekend test run, let me know if I discovered real gold or fools gold .

Clif

Old 10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Hey Clif,

Can you post some pics of your mods over in the "Shared: section? I'd like to get a look of what you've done. I can visualize it pretty clearly but I know quite a few people have problems understanding what this entire thread is about.

The air filter "normally" has a worse effect on most peoples cars as they tend to put their foot into it a bit more to test and see they have a HP gain. I like the idea as it will save gas AND be more "GREEN" by having a recycleable air filter. I normally run K&N's in my cars.

Al

Old 10-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Old 10-19-2005, 06:14 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Hey Clif, I likeee. Thanks for the pics.

I think I may do that to my Insight. Considered it before but I think you just sold me on it, I'm gonna check it some more. Not interested in doing it to the HCH as it spends most of its days sitting alone in the garage and the wife will drive it most of the time.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

those mod pic's are freaking awesome man!

two more q's though...

What's that hose sticking out of the airfilter from the top going opposite the motor? is that the cc breather?

Old 10-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Yes that is where I drilled my breather instead of buying a CC breather. Also note I put blue tie straps around the filter head and then ran one to the old filter box mount to steady the cone/keep it from moving freely on the rubber tube that conects to the motor.

Clif

Old 10-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

nice, how often do you have to clean this things?

Old 10-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Banned
Default Different Device - Same Intent

I never got around to doing this on my 1988 CRX HF. J C Whitney had a bypass that fitted between the catalitic converter and muffler. With a cable, exhaust could either go thru the muffler as usual or bypass it for improved fuel economy. The way I pictured using it is to pul the cable and bypass the muffler only on the highway. I would not do this in a residential area.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

I clean it every 3K (during oil chg) on my bikes but they are exposed not under a hood. I would say just ck it occasionally (visually like any other filter) and clean it when it looks dirty to you. Really depends on the area you live in and the amount you drive.
Clif

Quick Reply: New exhaust 2 1/4"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands