Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

If the stickers increase the value of a car $3k-4k, no wonder no one bid for $10k... . I wonder if there would have been bidders at $2k. I initially assumed no one bid because everyone smelled trouble, but perhaps it was just a price issue.

I wonder how well you could really get the stickers off - mine are just sitting there for the taking most of the time I suppose, especially if any of my hundred or so neighbors who share the garage with me take interest.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:34 PM

HELP!

I didn't pay any attention to this stuff because I've been living in Dallas with plans to move to DC... but I'm moving back to Los Angeles tomorrow, and I'm not at all caught up with the HOV sticker cancellation. My understanding is that they've distributed the allowable ammount-- some 62,000 or something like that, and now I'm going to be out of luck if I try to get some for my HCH I. Can anyone summarize what all is up with the program as of April 21, 2007?

If anyone knows how I might obtain said stickers, please let me know.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:59 PM

You cannot get stickers.

If you obtained some by buying them from someone, and a cop pulled you over, you would be fined and the stickers might even be taken from you. The only way to obtain valid stickers now is to buy a car with valid ones on them (they go with the vehicle) or lobby the CA legislature enough to get more stickers issued, which there is no progress on currently.

Interestingly while you can be pulled over for stickers when driving in the HOV lane and have your documentation checked, the free parking benefit would be much harder to check on - if you see a cop standing waiting next to your car and you have invalid stickers, take a walk for a while... .

Old 06-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Enthusiast

Any news on if they have extended the program past the end of this year?

Old 06-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

It's been extended to Jan 1, 2011

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/05-06/bil...asm_floor.html

Old 07-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Enthusiast

Can we get replacements if our stickers don't last that long?
Mine are starting to fall apart already.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 AM

Search for your question or just read some of this thread, you'll find all you need to know about replacement stickers. Or just Google online it will take you less than a minute.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default CA Sticker Value; Swapping to a HCHII??

Love my HCH1, and now have close to 40K on it. I'm considering a newer HCHII (used ) with stickers here in CA.

Has any one else done this sort of 'swap?' What are you seeing in terms of pricing? Are the cars with stickers really getting a $2 - $4 grand premium??

Thanks,
Lansing

Old 07-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Enthusiast

We have them in NY, HOV Lane stickers and yea, they are are kinda ugly and Im not one to put stickers on my car, but its sooo worth it in the morning to fly by everyone stuck in the traffic. I put them low on the car and they arent to noticable most of the time..
Hope you get them soon... Enjoy.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:06 AM
Default Re: CA Sticker Value; Swapping to a HCHII??

Originally Posted by Lansing
Love my HCH1, and now have close to 40K on it. I'm considering a newer HCHII (used ) with stickers here in CA.

Has any one else done this sort of 'swap?' What are you seeing in terms of pricing? Are the cars with stickers really getting a $2 - $4 grand premium??

Thanks,
Lansing
The only reason why my mother bought a 2006 Civic Hybrid over a gasoline-powered Civic was because of the ability to get those stickers. That cuts down her morning commute to work from 80 minutes to 40 minutes on the HOV lane. Worth the premium alone, aside from the fuel savings.

Even with her terrible "stop-and-go" habit of driving, no use of ANY hypermiling techniques (it's more like an inability rather than a refusal to use them), and highway speeds of 70+ mph, she still gets 44-45 mpg for each tank (I check and reset her mpg gauge periodically to see). That's almost twice the 23 mpg she used to get in a Subaru wagon.

Last edited by bluecivichybrid; 08-03-2007 at 02:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands