Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Looks like the week of Feb. 20th will be when the last of the HOV stickers will go out. To me it seems that alot of fellow HCH II's will not be getting them which to me is not fair. Promoting alternative fuel vehicles and not allowing everyone to have the same privileges is wrong. I think they should make a lane just for Hybrids. lol What do you guys think???

Old 01-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NewExplorer
Thank You ECamacho!

I called the DMV number in your post, and they did indeed mention that they issued stickers to me on 12/8/05, exactly two weeks ago!

However, that dosn't change the fact that I didn't recieve them yet!

SO???? Now I may be at the mercy of the U.S. Postal Service!

I drive on the 405 Freeway in Southern California on my way to and from work every weekday. Those bright yellow stickers will save me over an hour a day!

Still waiting......
Well, I'm happy to report that I FINALLY received my stickers on Friday January 20, 2006. Exactly 75 days after I mailed my application! My stickers are number : HE044325

Old 01-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

CHP isn't patrolling the HOV lanes now. They wouldn't be patrolling the hybrid lanes either. Sorry, just a little bitter.

Originally Posted by MagneticPearl06
Looks like the week of Feb. 20th will be when the last of the HOV stickers will go out. To me it seems that alot of fellow HCH II's will not be getting them which to me is not fair. Promoting alternative fuel vehicles and not allowing everyone to have the same privileges is wrong. I think they should make a lane just for Hybrids. lol What do you guys think???

Old 01-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by chesleyn
CHP isn't patrolling the HOV lanes now. They wouldn't be patrolling the hybrid lanes either. Sorry, just a little bitter.
What's to be bitter about -- seriously -- it will be several months before they get to 75,000. Where's this February 20th stuff come from anyway?

Don

Old 01-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Enthusiast

Guess what just came in the mail!! Only 4 days after the check cleared and 22 days after I mailed my first application (had to do it twice because the dealer miswrote the VIN on my DMV paperwork). Actually looking forward for the first time to my commute tomorrow!

Old 01-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Razorx

Originally Posted by chesleyn
If traffic tends to flow relatively well, the patrols are light to non-existent. However, between 605 and 57 on 210 is heavily patrolled in SoCal. Logic could be that if the traffic flows fine, then monitoring resources are best spent elsewhere. If the HOV lane is continually slow then patrol it frequently. Dunno the logic, assuming there is one.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Razorx

HOV'd today! Oddly, felt a twinge of being "naughty" and that I was going to get in trouble when I first moved into the lane.

Feeling lasted approximately 3 seconds.

It cut my commute from the usual 75-85 minutes down to 65. I am rather pleased with it plus it was relaxing to drive. Route of I-10, 57N, 210W to 605.

By the way, relaxing to drive should not technically be true. A vehicle is 50% more likely to be involved in an accident in the HOV lane as the far right lanes. 30-40% more likely for the lane next to the HOV. Texas DOT did a full study on this, an interesting read. (HOV lanes without a physical boundary) HOV access has nothing to do with safety apparently.

Relaxed we may be, but shouldn't be.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by love2scuba
Guess what just came in the mail!! Only 4 days after the check cleared and 22 days after I mailed my first application (had to do it twice because the dealer miswrote the VIN on my DMV paperwork). Actually looking forward for the first time to my commute tomorrow!

What were the first 3 numbers on your sticker?

Old 01-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Comedie
Thank you. Just found my Certified Mail receipt and the status on usps site shows as Delivered on January 3. I already had the lisence plate number when I submitted the application. I guess that I will just wait and hope it will clear soon and I get my stickers! Can't wait to use them on my 60 miles daily commute!
Arghhh, just got off the phone with ARB (800-242-4450). They said that if my check did not clear in 4-6 weeks, it means that it got "lost in transit" and they recommend resubmitting. Also, they mentioned that for some odd reason the certified mail goes to a wrong department and they had many complaints about lost applications that were sent certified! Also, the cap is still at 75,000, not 50,000, so there's still a good chance for me to get the stickers after I resubmit. I guess I have to wait another 3-4 weeks!

Old 01-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

The freakin' ARB is absolutely no help at all. Can anyone post the DMV number? ARB can't look 'em up, but DMV can.

Help!

Don

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands