Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

On my way home last night, I was in the carpool lane and a motorcycle CHP was in the median strip looking for cheaters. I passed by him and he gave me a LONG look. I only have the front and rear stickers on, not the side ones. He got on his motorcycle immediately and took off. I thought he was coming after me but he never really got close. I think he spotted the sticker on the front bumper, but I can't be sure. If he did see that the side stickers were missing, he didn't care enough to pull me over.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Enthusiast

Hopefully it would just be a fix-it ticket but perhaps since the stickers are the requirement for using the lane, they (revenue dept, uh I mean the traffic courts) might say you are out of compliance so are not entitled to use the lane and "bingo" a big fat ticket!

Last edited by DeetaHOV; 11-04-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

I took delivery of my new HCH thursday afternoon (11/10/05) and I got over the weekend on my first 440 miles 62 MPG. Calculated with a refill.
I thind the HOV lane stickers are so ugly I might have to get them and only install one on the rear window maybe on the rt side only.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

"The state has received 36,307 applications, and in October 1,325 a week were pouring in. Up to 75,000 applications can be accepted. If the current pace continues, that number may be reached by early spring." - Gary Richards, Roadshow column, San Jose (CA) Mercury News, Saturday, November 11, 2005

Old 11-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Sher

I got mine 1 month after requesting it, I was one of the first people in line at the FastTrack office in SF. I LOVE IT!!!

Old 11-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sjamme
I LOVE IT!!!
I am looking forward to saying that one day soon too.

I sent in my completed form to DMV it took nearly 2 weeks to process. That is at least how long it took them to cash my $8.00 check. I sent in my application on October 31st, and my check cashed on the 15th of November. So I am checking the mailbox everyday with excitment and hope that I will soon join the other as a single occupant in the HOV lane.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lansing
DMV) did say that I needed my license plate number.
In Alameda county you need a Fastrak transponder and they need your license plate too.

Old 12-03-2005, 06:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

I submitted my paperwork on Nov 17th. As of yet, the check has not cleared. Will let you know my number when the stickers arrive.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECamacho
In Alameda county you need a Fastrak transponder and they need your license plate too.
Neither Fastrak or the DMV require a license plate number. I drove to the Fastrak office the day after I picked up my new 06. I just put 'NEW' in the license plate field on both applications. I know it works for Fastrak because I have my transponder, and I have heard from other people that got their stickers from the DMV doing the same thing.

I sent in my paperwork on 11/21, but they still haven't cashed my check...

Old 12-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default What #sticker are we on now?

I enjoy mine. How many more people are going to join the HOV lane?

BTW, what happens in 2007???????? Hard to imagine getting the boot from the carpool lane!

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands