Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

HOLY CRAP!!!

It took about 2 weeks to get the stickers and, my God, they are the ugliest, big *** stickers I have ever seen. Looks like I'm driving NASCAR.

I hate putting ANYTHING on my car/paint...now I have to put these frickin neon yellow, fricken big stickers on my car. I can only guess that they need to be visible from CA spy satellites in geosyncronous orbit above LA.

First of all there are only 3 hybrid cars that can drive in the HOV lane so how hard could it be to determine that I'm 'legal' if we had window decals? Could it be anymore difficult than determining that a car contains a baby in a car seat behind tinted glass? Maybe they need neon yellow arrows pointing to the car seat. A little year sticker on the license plate seems adequate for registration purposes.

So why are hybrid owners being singled out? Did we **** somebody off? I realize I have a choice about this...don't drive in the HOV lane when alone. But that is not the point. This goes beyond resonable...even for the government.

Old 08-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Oh no. That's what I'm afraid of.

I'll look at it as a badge -- we're doing something good for the environment and passing everyone at the same time!

You did get them pretty fast!

Lansing

Old 08-23-2005, 07:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hoover
How did you get yours so quickly?

I think the news was announced Wed Aug 17th, 6 days ago.
How could you have applied two weeks ago.
Did you have inside knowledge or am I mistaken about the dates?

I can't wait!

I think they are so big so they can be quickly spotted at a glance by a cop a few lanes over eating a doughnut.

How many are there?
Three?
Where do they have to go?
Is there a diagrahm?
Can you post a pic?

Last edited by kenny; 08-23-2005 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Enthusiast

I have not received mine yet, but there are 4 stickers. They are to be placed as follows:

Front bumper
Rear bumper
Left rear quarterpanel
Right rear quarterpanel

The bumpers I can understand, but I think it is unreasonable to require placing stickers on the painted surface. They cannot be removed without destroying the sticker and you have to contact the manufacturer of the sticker for removal instructions. Hopefully they can be removed without damaging the paint, but if they are there for a few years, the surrounding paint would probably have faded a bit anyway revealing where the sticker once was.

Do GNG vehicles have side stickers? I saw a CNG taxi today with a sticker on the back, but I did not see the car from the side.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I hope there isn't backlash and valdalism from resentful owners of gas guzzlers, or people stealing the stickers or the cars.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast

As far as I know it was announced sometime the week of the 15th. The first day that you could apply (the day the forms were posted by the DMV) was the 11th, which is the day we sent the forms (and money, in. We received the 4 ugly-*** stickers on the 22nd. Thus, an 11 day turn...pretty amazing fro the DMV. My guess is that they can't stand to look at the stickers and want to send them out as soon as possible.

Yes, the previous contributor was correct, they are placed:
Large stickers (approx 4x7) on each of the rear quarter panels
Small stickers (approx 2x5) on right rear and right front bumpers.

Also, if you want to know what they look like one of the previous contributors posted an image of the stickers....all 4 look like this, just 2 diff sizes.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Enthusiast

Great, so not only do they make us put stickers on the painted surfaces, but they make those stickers LARGER? ARRRRGGGG!

Old 08-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Enthusiast

Hi All... From my understanding, two of the stickers need to be placed on the rear quarter panels. I wonder if the instructions on the sticker would prohibit placing these two stickers on the portions of the bumper right under the quarter panels? The stickers would still be visible from the side.

If these stickers become useless in 2007, I'm inclined to remove them, which will probably cause some kind of paint damage. I'd rather just have the bumpers repainted and avoid sticking anything on sheet metal. The differential in cost to paint the whole rear bumper versus a portion is probably negligible.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Enthusiast

Perhaps I can answer my own question. On my commute home today, I saw two NGV Civics. One had the side stickers on the bumper. The other had the side stickers on the quarter panel. I presume that both locations are acceptable.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Enthusiast

I wonder if you would get a ticket if you had the front and rear stickers on, but not the side stickers. Does it say anything in the instructions about this?

Also, I have thought about affixing the sticker to magnetic material (kind of like those "we support our troops" magnets) to mount the side stickers. I would have to remove them when I am not driving it (so they don't get stolen), but that would solve the issue of sticking something on the paint.

I will probably just end up sticking them on as per the instructions.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands