HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

What did your HCHII Replace?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What did your HCHII Replace?

I sold a 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4 cylinder the day before I bought my 2007 Civic Hybrid. My Jeep was great in the snow (which we get often in Salt Lake) and got decent mileage, (19-20) for a cube-shaped vehicle. I really loved the Jeep and will miss the topless summer driving. I am driving a lot more for work these days, and really needed a 4 door. This is my first foreign car, and my first front-wheel-drive car ever. I still have a 2003 Dodge 1 ton diesel quad cab for towing, hauling, camping, and snow driving duties.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 PM
HypoFueler

Originally Posted by RockMonkey
I sold a 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4 cylinder the day before I bought my 2007 Civic Hybrid. My Jeep was great in the snow (which we get often in Salt Lake) and got decent mileage, (19-20) for a cube-shaped vehicle.
Lots of Jeeps sold - I sold my 96 jeep xj to fund part of my new 07 HCH II. I also miss the xj in the snow and 4x4 trails...

If the new Patriot had better mileage (or Hybrid), I might have seriously considered it - but its still too heavy for good mpg, especially with skids, rails etc.

Averaging 51mpg in the new car - enjoy yours!

Old 04-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartybrutus
Lots of Jeeps sold - I sold my 96 jeep xj to fund part of my new 07 HCH II. I also miss the xj in the snow and 4x4 trails...

If the new Patriot had better mileage (or Hybrid), I might have seriously considered it - but its still too heavy for good mpg, especially with skids, rails etc.

Averaging 51mpg in the new car - enjoy yours!
4x4 trails eh? I've got a vehicle for that...

I'll prolly get lynched around here for posting a pic of it. It probably gets gallons per mile...

Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Enthusiast

My HCH replaced a 2002 BMW M5.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Enthusiast

My new HCH II replaced my dearly beloved Honda Insight 2000 (MT).

I love my Insight - it is a great car and I was planning to use for as long as I can. But a recent family tragedy has made me realize that I need a car with more improved safety features. I was a little bit hesitant getting the HCH since it doesn't come in manual transmisswion. After testdriving it, I decided that it is probably the best car in the market to replace the Insight.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:32 AM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: What did your HCHII Replace?

I replaced my 2006 Honda Civic Limited Edition with the HCH II 2006.

I actually only had the 06 Honda Civic for a very short time waiting on the Delivery of the HCH II. It took like as I remember 5-6 Months to get it.

The wait was worth it and I was not exactly suffering driving the New Civic while waiting.

Terry (tiger)

BTW, Previous car to the 06 Civic was a 2005 S60r AWD Volvo. Now there was a very Fast Comfortable Car but Gas HAD JUST STARTED GOING UP so I decided to sell it to Car Max and bought the 06 Civic waiting for the HCH II to be released for production.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

2004 Pontiac Vibe...she was getting anywhere from 25 to 30 mpg. But with all of my driving a high mpg hybrid was a better fit and the current fuel prices cemented my decision. My research pointed to the Honda Civic so I picked up my 07 Honda Civic hybrid last week and am already getting 45 mpg. Gotta love it!!!

This car trains you if you let it .
I'm still a novice, but have really enjoyed picking up tips here.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help!!

Old 05-20-2007, 11:27 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: What did your HCHII Replace?

Originally Posted by okie mom
2004 Pontiac Vibe...she was getting anywhere from 25 to 30 mpg. But with all of my driving a high mpg hybrid was a better fit and the current fuel prices cemented my decision. My research pointed to the Honda Civic so I picked up my 07 Honda Civic hybrid last week and am already getting 45 mpg. Gotta love it!!!

This car trains you if you let it .
I'm still a novice, but have really enjoyed picking up tips here.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help!!
I know you are really going to enjoy your New HCH II. You did not say what State you are from ?? Okie Mom I guess means you are (Guess-Here) Oklahoma.

There are more than a few folks on here from there if I am looking at your name and guessing right.

Terry (tiger)

Old 05-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

You guessed right...I'm from the great state of Oklahoma and love it!! We have a good combo of flat land and hills which I am planning to use to my advantage on mpg once I get better at it.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

I traded in a Honda Element. It was a great SUV -- extremely versatile -- but I could no longer live with 24 mpg combined.

Quick Reply: What did your HCHII Replace?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands