HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

What did your HCHII Replace?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What did your HCHII Replace?

dodge intrepid

15 gallon tank use to get me 370-400 miles

12 gallon civic tank gets me 550-580 miles.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

It was SUPPOSE to replace my Dodge Dakota P/U, however about the time I bought the HCH, my oldest son began driving and..... well now I have both the Dakota and the HCH ! Son is going to college this fall, so will try again to sell the Dakota and use the proceeds to fund (a tiny portion) of his education.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Enthusiast

I replaced a 2001 VW Jetta VR6 which I bought when gas was about $1.20/gallon. I liked the style, the features, and the dark blue color. After the first year I was never happy with it. Something was always going wrong with it, and I can't think of any major system besides the powertrain that didn't have problems at one point or another. As for performance and handling, the Jetta was great but I paid the price since I was getting about 22mpg. It also required premium gas and when a tank cost $40 for about 250 miles, that started to hurt.

The final straw was when the local dealer closed (they weren't selling enough new cars so the owner decided to turn it into the used lot for their Nissan franchise next door) and I had to take it to a different dealer for service, and they weren't open on Saturdays. When I did need a repair at that dealer I thought they were taking me for a ride on some of the stuff they wanted to fix. I got the car so that the check engine light was off for long enough to take it to the Honda dealer to trade it in.

Here's a picture right after I bought it, with the Hollywood sign in the background:

Last edited by runchadrun; 07-07-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

I replaced my 1999 Ford Ranger. 16 mpg on a good day. I'm going to miss just throwing stuff (tanks, flippers, BCD, bikes, camping gear, kegs, whatever) in the bed though.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

nissan frontier 2003 , bought new by my wife before i moved to mexico....

11 mpg - city, country, highway, always the same milage...

I m still sure the car was braking permanently... service-- .. no issues (welcome to mexico)....

now in the hch 1 cvt getting around 40 when fast 85 mph on the highway and 49 in the city...

mostly my wife and me also get in done to share one car...

what a saving of greenhouse gas...

best wishes

Last edited by tecis; 07-12-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast

I didn't actually replace a car / truck, I bought the car to keep the miles off of my truck which I use for towing / have a camper / boat etc.. It has a 56' turning radius and got roughly 10mpg in town. so added 30 gal of fuel every week - week and a half. Car is saving me $250 a month on fuel alone not to mention its keeping the miles off of my truck which will now last much longer. 30 gals 300 miles 8.2 gals 360 miles (first refill in car) and I think I can do much better in the car. shooting for 50+ in the city, we'll see.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

My HCHII replaced an '05 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6speed. Boy do I miss the power, but I don't miss putting $50+ dollars of premium gas in it to fill it up. Plus I needed the extra space for the family and work.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Enthusiast

2004 Toyota Sienna, which I still have. The only reason I bought the car was to save 30-45 mins a day commuting into phoenix. I am in a much better mood when I get to work when riding in the HOV lane. The gas savings is nice, too.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Enthusiast

Our first Camry, my wife's 1984 hatchback, was purchased in November, 1983.
Car was loaded with options and was still on the road when we purchased our
2006 HCHII last October.

It was also used at night to power my GOTO telescope in the backyard
for astrophotography. It appears in a humorous BD card I received from a
professional photographer friend of ours. A copy is shown below.

Sorry, haven't figured out how to get it here from the "Share" area.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi...yHatchback.jpg

Last edited by Galileo; 07-18-2007 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Unable to upload image.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:48 AM
Enthusiast

1995 Acura Integra GSR 4dr (210,000 miles). I drove it since new to work, 65 miles roundtrip on mountain roads where the power and ABS sure were nice. Filling up every week was not as fun. So when I finally got a job close to home, 15 mile roundtrip on city streets, I couldn't resist getting the hybrid. Now I fill up every three weeks and spend my time driving for maximum mileage rather than minimum time. Who new driving a hybrid could be this much fun? I actually look forward to going to the gas station to see what my mileage will be. I suspect this will wear off as gas prices keep climbing and I reset my thinking about how far a tank of gas should go.

Quick Reply: What did your HCHII Replace?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands