HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

What did your HCHII Replace?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What did your HCHII Replace?

1998 Toyota Camry. Great car, but it got into an accident.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast

My 2008 Civic Hybrid replaced 2 cars. I had a 2002 Honda S2000. (I love that car) and a 1997 Honda Accord EX.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

In 1997, I replaced our one-owner 1971 VW Squareback (27 years, 240Kmiles) with a 1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Station Wagon.

These are both wonderful cars--or were. The VW is still on the road, last I saw. The Volvo has been great, holding my BikeE recumbent bike with fairing, handling beautifully in crises, getting 25 mpg on the highway and 20 mpg on my commute.

There's no way gas savings alone would have paid for my change to the HCH-II. But not only was the Volvo expensive to maintain, but it had one or two many mornings of not starting and needing a tow, with my having to hurriedly borrow my wife's car.

My most recent tow was near the end of October, and I bought Casper (white HCH-II, round like a ghost, and purchase date was October 31) shortly thereafter.

My mechanic has had the Volvo in his shop essentially continously since then, and is gradually trying various things without charging me for his time--it's a matter of pride to him to get it solved so I can sell the old car, and he still has my wife's 1983 Volvo 240 to keep himself busy.

Long-winded way of saying I do like Casper a lot, and I buy about the same amount of gasoline I used to--but every other week, not every week.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Enthusiast

This car is no replacement...it is my anti-global warmer, money saver, ultra reliable, sexy, fuel sippin, tax breakin' commuter! My 1995 Toyota Celica GT is now my supplemental car to "toy" around with. The whips...

Name:  IM000016.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  69.2 KB
Name:  CelicaJuly2007003.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  62.9 KB
Name:  CelicaJuly2007002.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  67.5 KB

Old 02-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Hybrid Owner

I replaced an '02 Miata SE and a '93 Cadillac deVille.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

1994 Saturn SC2.

Looked like this:

Been driven by me since age 16 since 1996, lasted a solid 11 years but not without it's issues. I'm hoping my '07 HCH2 lasts a good 15 years.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Enthusiast

Civic was replacing y2k Audi A2

By the way. Cicivs in Europe are slightly different looking than in "oversea"

Here is my car..just before exiting dealers salon. Notice different taillights

here is some random pictule of frontside...a bit more aggressive than US version

In fact, this Audi was getting 29mpg in city and 47 mpg in open road. Most probably beacause of record-braking drag factor (0.24)
Right now, honda is getting 23mpg in city and 45mpg in highway. City mpg is poor because of 3 miles drive to work (10 minutes) and back. weather is constantly 0 degrees celsius. i have 2300 km (about 1500miles)in odometer. I´m expecting signifficant inprovement in mpg within couple of months

Last edited by Indrek_S; 02-26-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have been in the Honda family of cars for a number of years. Leasing one after the other I decided to purchase a car other than Honda/Acura. I got a Mercedes-Benz, day one after getting it, it went into the shop for issues. Unfortunately, that wasn't the last visit to the shop, it decided it liked being in the shop so much, that it went there almost every month, sometimes for multiple weeks....

Not wanting my car payments to sky rocket, I decided to get a Honda Civic again. Originally it was going to be the 2008 EX-L but right before I signed the finance papers I saw a Hybrid in the showroom with Blue Interior....

I was sold just on the blue interior. I drove the hybrid before so I knew about the awkward stop and go feature. The dealer gave me a great deal on the hybrid since it was a 2007 and 2008 were coming around the corner. The Civic was a two part purchase, one to save money and two to get rid of the Lemon the Germans make.

It was rough at first. It was easier with my Mercedes to maintain consist speed and low rpms right off the bat. With the Hybrid I needed to learn that maintaining speed means lower mpgs...

The one thing I can say is, My Civic has not been to the dealer since I got it and it will be due for an oil change in 2 months. (At 20% oil life right now). I also purchased this car, so I know it won't have any real problems in the future near or far.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Indrek_S
Civic was replacing y2k Audi A2

By the way. Cicivs in Europe are slightly different looking than in "oversea"

Here is my car..just before exiting dealers salon. Notice different taillights

here is some random pictule of frontside...a bit more aggressive than US version

In fact, this Audi was getting 29mpg in city and 47 mpg in open road. Most probably beacause of record-braking drag factor (0.24)
Right now, honda is getting 23mpg in city and 45mpg in highway. City mpg is poor because of 3 miles drive to work (10 minutes) and back. weather is constantly 0 degrees celsius. i have 2300 km (about 1500miles)in odometer. I´m expecting signifficant inprovement in mpg within couple of months
Kewl cars! I love the A2 -- looks like a sedan TT.

I'll take my HCH's grill though. Less evil.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

My HCHII replaced a 1994 Honda Accord EX with 185K on it. It had crazy hail damage, major rust on the rear quarter panels, and a tranny that was slipping. Sold it for $1200 and applied it to the new car. I currently have 17K on the new car and loving it.

Peace,
Paul

Quick Reply: What did your HCHII Replace?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands