HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rear Facing Car seat Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Rear Facing Car seat Issues

we just picked up our HCHII and noticed the same problems with placing a rear facing baby seat in the middle position. The lower anchors are apparently supposed to be used for the outboard position. When we used the shoulder belt for the seat mounted in the middle, it does not hold the seat with stability.

Our solution was to use the latch belt anyways, and hook it to the nearest anchors on either side of the middle seat. The seat was pretty stable after that, but still not perfect. Not sure if you can hook two latch belts to one anchor in your situation.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast

I took the advice of going down to our police station to get help with it. I must have been doing something wrong because they fixed it all!

Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssj_chris
I have a Graco Quatro Tour, it that what you have aswell
I just asked my wife and she said we have the Graco Quatro as well. All I know is that it's big and folds down.

Jayson

Old 10-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Enthusiast

I have a jetta wagon, our graco will hardly fit behind me. so I put it in the center (which I also heard is safer). But when I looked in the VW manual, it didn't have any info on installing the child seat in the center. It seemed ok, and was fairly tight, but I must say, the anchors are further apart in the center (than the sides)... so it's probably not ok for the center.

Wonder if its the same for the civic (I have one waiting at the dealership until I sell the VW). Anyone check their user manual?