HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rant of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rant of the Month

I think almost everywhere has E10 blend now, don't they? It's been here for a couple years now, and I really didn't notice all that much of a difference in my FE. I don't hypermile or the such, but I have become more conscious of the timing of the traffic lights in my area, stay further behind the cars in front of me, slow down for the yellow / red light ahead, even do "light braking" to maximize the regen when I know I will have to stop at the light ahead. I still manage around 43-46MPG in the summer driving around town. Again, my normal drives are < 5 miles each way usually, so not good driving for FE.

Just my experience I guess. I did have the SoC issues when the temps were around 100 here a week or so ago. Granted, I also had to run the A/C so know that puts a big drain into the SoC.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wick1ert
I think almost everywhere has E10 blend now, don't they?
Lots of places have it but its not mandatory everywhere. In PA you have a choice and believe me it will reduce your FE if you use it. This I wouldn't mind so much if the E10 gas was cheaper than the regular gas, but it isn't. So why would I pay the same for less mpg? That just doesn't compute in my mind. I would feel like I just dumped at least half a gallon on the ground for every 10 I put in my tank.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

So far with Mid Grade I have 45-46mpg registered on the display... I will have a better answer once this tank is done...

Old 06-20-2008, 07:49 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

i've read lots of your posts complaining about the car and its fe, but i haven't seen any posts documenting your experience w/hypermiling techniques, other than increasing your tire pressure a bit, which leads me to believe that you are probably the source of your car's poor fe.
that's my rant for the month.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:42 PM

06hch2,
You are right, I might be at fault with my poor FE... so I have decided to sell my Hybrid. It will be listed on Cars.com and Washington Post next week.

Incompetent dealers, E10 gas, over inflated tires.... I don't know where the problem lies and it verily could be me. So instead of working through dealerships and such, I will let it be someone else's issue. Heck the lucky person that will buy my car may just prove me wrong and may get over 50mpg.

I will post what the car sells for once it is sold.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Nobody will want it after all your ranting arbittan? You had better start sweet talking your HCH2 for a mth. or so, then you can dump it!

Cheers,H

Old 06-21-2008, 11:24 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

i could see it coming. you and this car are not a good match. not too many people are lukewarm about this car. you either love it or sell it. what will you buy next?

Old 06-22-2008, 09:55 AM

Most likely a standard Civic. I still want to save money on gas and have a low maintenance car.

The hybrid Civic is still a good car, it is the most quiet Civic ever produced. The other car I have been interested in is a Honda Fit.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:36 PM
IMAddicted to IMA

Honda Fits are awesome. From every single article I've read about it, they basically say it's the best subcompact you can buy. Honda is coming out with a revised version this fall.

Also, in early 2009 Honda will be releasing their new "Global Small Hybrid." It's supposed to be cheaper, smaller (but more fuel-efficient) than the current Civic hybrid.

Or if you don't want a small car....the new Pontiac G8 is supposed to be awesome.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:11 PM

What sucks right now is there isn't much out there that catches my eye.

Quick Reply: Rant of the Month

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands