HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rant of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rant of the Month

Well, got the car back and about a few blocks from my house the bars went down like a roller coaster..... I live about 5 mins from the dealership so I can't understand why they could not duplicate the problem unless they didn't do a road test....

Once I got home I called them and explained that my car is still losing charge. They in turn informed me that they did not find any problems.

They wanted me to bring it back the same day but I told them I don't have time today to go back and forth. I informed them I can bring it in on Saturday when I have the time to road test the car with a service technician in the car with me.

They were like, ok, sorry we didn't fix the problem...

I also voiced my displeasure with the service manager by leaving a voicemail.

Will keep you all posted

Old 06-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Great Mileage and Green

Sounds like the key, get the service manager in the car without to see your problems in real time. When in doubt, escalate it to the top, it certainly cannot hurt.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Agreed. It happens so often for you--can you narrow down at all the factors that tend to bring it on? There are two spots on my commute that seem to do it more than others, but I drive there daily and only have it happen occasionally. If you can narrow it down at all, take the service manager for a spin and try to get it to happen.

Also, if you have a video camera, ride with it handy and document it. I keep meaning to do this too. Having a visual demonstration of what is happening might be key.

I would guess that dealerships are just as inundated with people compaining about MPG as there have been complaints on this site lately. Like many others around here, I believe that many of them are the driver's fault, but that just makes it more difficult to convince the dealers when there really might be a problem.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:11 AM

I was thinking about purchasing one of those small APEX SD camcorders but I hope I can show them the problem on Saturday. Funny thing is, it seems to be definitely heat related. This morning I only lost 4 bars between my house and 12 mins worth of driving (out of 30 mins commute).

Since this morning was mild it furthers my argument that it must be weather (heat) related.

I guess if I cannot replicate it well on Saturday, I will need to wait until we get another scorcher day..

Old 06-13-2008, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by arbittan
This morning I only lost 4 bars between my house and 12 mins worth of driving (out of 30 mins commute).
I don't think we are having the same problem--my SoC will drop all at once in less than 30 seconds, and it is an all or nothing thing.

Does yours drop gradually? What are the conditions that it happens in? AC on? Going up or down hill? Or flat? Heavy traffic or light? Average speed? Are you seeing corresponding white bars of assist when it drops, or does it just disappear?

Old 06-13-2008, 09:29 AM

I do experience a similar issue where one sec I look down and I have a full meter bar then next thing I know it is down to 0. This seems to happen mostly at traffic lights.

I will find out later today how it goes, it should be warm like 80's today. Will write about it later.

- minimal AC, (I like having the windows down).
- hilly but not steep climbs.
- light traffic
- 35mph-50mph (City) actually is more suburbs
- white bars upto 3 no more than 4 when I accelerate from traffic light
- green bars depends, when it acts up sometimes it doesn't come on (which doesn't make sense).

But like I said before, the hotter it got last week the more frequent the occurrence.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:19 PM

UPDATE!!

I did not take my car back to the dealer today. I got caught up in house work and could not break away from it.

I didn't hear back from the general service manager on Friday or today so it seems that this dealer did not take the course of customer service..

I will work with the car as it is right now to build my case that the problem is heat related.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I noticed an extreme loss of SoC when I got back from my vacation last week. I did, however, have the AC on and it was mostly city/suburb driving. I make this drive quite often and know how in normal weather conditions it will affect my SoC. I attributed this one to the 100+ degree w/ heat index temperature we were experiencing. I kept the AC around 78-80 (this is usually the lowest I go anyway) and noticed that sitting at a red light I lost 3-4 bars and kicked into forced regen. At that point, I just shut off the AC and hoped I could re-charge with some normal regen and braking (there's almost no way to avoid the red lights) and then I'd kick the AC back on again once I got up to speed. I do normally just drive with the windows down, as I'm typically driving around town. If I'm on the highway, I'll kick the AC on due to the wind drag not making much difference in FE compared to the AC being on at 75MPH. Of course, when you're +100 w/ Heat Index, even I can't deal with that too well.

Regardless, I still average in the mid 40s on FE which isn't too bad given my normal daily drive of < 5 miles each way. Still 10MPG higher than my 03 civic was, if not more.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Technology Junkie

Recent (yesterday) electrical problems with my 2006 HCH. Brakes lights will not shut off & cruise control does not work. I had to remove the fuse to prevent battery drain for the brake lights. However, due to Honda safety feature you can not drive car while fuse is removed. So I have to replace the fuse everytime I want to drive. Will be bringing car to dealer tomorrow. Hopefully, warranty will cover these repairs.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 AM

Willie, this is a re-call. Alot of us have had our cars in for a repair of this item. You obviousely did not get the notice! H

Quick Reply: Rant of the Month

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands