HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rant of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rant of the Month

I would hang tuff until 2009. Should be some very interesting auto's introduced this comming yr.. Hang in there arbittan!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:34 PM
IMAddicted to IMA

IMO, one of the few cars available today that really catch your eye would be the Hodna Insight. Still, after eight years, it has the lowest CO2 emmisions of any car, in the entire world (that meets government certification and safety standards and ect.)

But, if you didn't like the Civic hybrid you'd probably hate the Insight since it makes quite a few sacrafices for its fuel economy. I don't blame you.

Or maybe an FCX Clarity! Ha, that'll never happen. Only like 200 something people who must live within XX miles of a fuel station are accepted to own that car.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jat1793

Or maybe an FCX Clarity! Ha, that'll never happen. Only like 200 something people who must live within XX miles of a fuel station are accepted to own that car.
Never is a powerful word. Think of the most common form of transportation in the last four digits of your namesake.

At least Honda is spending their own money leading the charge.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: Rant of the Month

Originally Posted by arbittan
06hch2,
You are right, I might be at fault with my poor FE... so I have decided to sell my Hybrid. It will be listed on Cars.com and Washington Post next week.

Incompetent dealers, E10 gas, over inflated tires.... I don't know where the problem lies and it verily could be me. So instead of working through dealerships and such, I will let it be someone else's issue. Heck the lucky person that will buy my car may just prove me wrong and may get over 50mpg.

I will post what the car sells for once it is sold.
Keeping the hybrid could work out for you if you can find a solution to the dealership problem. It would be sad if you had to rule out all Honda options simply because all the Honda dealerships suck in your area. Perhaps Honda of America needs some feedback telling them that those dealerships are letting down the brand.

I hope your luck will turn with whatever will move you forward and that you'll be satisfied. Despite being dogged by criticism (some constructive, some not), you never had a chip on your shoulder and I for one have appreciated your honesty.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by spinner
Keeping the hybrid could work out for you if you can find a solution to the dealership problem. It would be sad if you had to rule out all Honda options simply because all the Honda dealerships suck in your area. Perhaps Honda of America needs some feedback telling them that those dealerships are letting down the brand.

I hope your luck will turn with whatever will move you forward and that you'll be satisfied. Despite being dogged by criticism (some constructive, some not), you never had a chip on your shoulder and I for one have appreciated your honesty.

Spinner,
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I am going to contact Honda of America to have them help me with this issue. Over the weekend I did not go anywhere any my battery level in the car was at two bars in the morning (Monday). It quickly went down to one bar then by time I got to work it worked its way to four bars.

Since gas has been gettting more and more expensive here, I have been walking to lunch and using the car less (which I should have been doing anyway but..).

I will see what Honda of America says since I have been a Honda owners for over 13 years...

Old 06-24-2008, 08:37 AM

I left my car in the garage for six weeks and did not loose a bar! H

Old 06-24-2008, 02:18 PM

Called American Honda and got a case number for my issue. They are going to work with the dealer to assist on the diagnostics of the car battery and mileage issue.

I take it in to them in the morning. They seemed shocked that I called and got a case number from Honda.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:13 PM

You should get some results at least. They should be shocked, maybe they will get to the main issue.H

Old 06-24-2008, 07:32 PM

BTW I am getting 43mpg from the mid-grade gas I put in my car this week. I will also make note of this to them, this should point to the issue why it isn't getting that type of mpg with regular gas...

Old 06-25-2008, 06:50 AM

I dropped my car off today to have them look into the issues I have been experiencing. I got for a loaner a 2007 Civic Hybrid. I can tell you that the dealer is full of **** when they told me 35-40mpg is normal for my car. I got 52-50 mpg just coming into work today with the loaner.....

Quick Reply: Rant of the Month

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands