HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

My newest HCH-II Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: My newest HCH-II Mods

Sometimes you just have to honk for the hell of it!

Old 10-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Enthusiast

I just installed the HID's and my beams are lower than the stock bulbs. Any idea how to adjust the headlights to bring the low beams up?

Old 10-28-2007, 02:20 PM
HypoFueler

I bought some DuPont Teflon(R) tire shine. Just sprayed on - Makes my tires look blacker allright while probably lowering tire drag significantly

and replaced the dirty 15k airfilter.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Originally Posted by Diesel
I just installed the HID's and my beams are lower than the stock bulbs. Any idea how to adjust the headlights to bring the low beams up?
Are you sure that you seated the bulbs correctly, with the bulb filament carrier oriented on the bottom of the bulb? The reason that I ask,is that in the majority of cases, the headlight housing should not need to be adjusted.

However, if you are certain that the bulb is seated correctly, there are adjustment screws in the back of each headlight. To access them, open the hood, look on the front corners of the engine compartment, just above the grille, and you will see holes with a headlight pictogram and "U" & "D". Stick a long phillips screwdriver down the hole to engage the adjustment gear teeth in the back of each headlight housing

Old 10-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

Gary,

Thanks for the reply, I rechecked the installation and the bulbs are seated correctly. I noticed the holes that you refered to but didn't have my reading glasses on to see the pictographs. I was able to turn them easily with a long #2 phillips. Thanks again...........

Old 11-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Enthusiast

I purchased the foglight kit and intend to do the installation myself. Reviewing the installation instructions, everything looks pretty straight forward except step #53, which reads:

"Because the battery was disconnected, you need to enter the Honda multi-matic feedback signal as described in the service manual."

I'm looking for, but don't yet have a service manual and would like to do the install this weekend. Can you provide directions/info required to perform this particular task?

Thanks,

Chuck

Old 11-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Do it without disconnecting the battery. Plug into the fuse box or hot wire at the end. If you blow a fuse , then replace it, no big deal. H

Old 02-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Looking at the fog lamps, is the 2006 HCH prewired for the lamps as the Honda instructions imply? How much of a hassle is it to install them (it looks like a pain according to the instructions)?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Originally Posted by medicmike
Looking at the fog lamps, is the 2006 HCH prewired for the lamps as the Honda instructions imply? How much of a hassle is it to install them (it looks like a pain according to the instructions)?
85% of the fog light wiring is pre-installed, but you still have to R&R the multi-function control stalk on the left side of the steering wheel column. The rest of the wiring is very straight forward. The only other major item is to cut out the holes in the front bumper cover for the lights. A Dremel tool makes that easy.

Overall, it is pretty easy.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orient Express
It was nice and rainy this weekend, so I decided to add some more modifications to my HCHII.

The next project was to replace the wimpy horn with a horn that had more presence and demanded attention when used.
What about this horn? http://www.thompson-automotive.com/Air_Horn.html I'm only concerned about the potential wiring issues. Mike

Quick Reply: My newest HCH-II Mods

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands