HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

MY DIY HID headlight install

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: MY DIY HID headlight install

Is anyone getting any type of radio distortion from their HID kits?

Old 12-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Occasionally I do but I can't attribute it to my headlights because I'm listening to MP3s on my GPS through the auxiliary input, so it could be the mp3, the gps, the aux cable, the radio, or the headlights.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Enthusiast

I am wondering because everytime i listen to the radio with them off i get stations normal. But when i turn the headlights on i get fuzz on stations that normally come in clear

Old 12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Originally Posted by issawiah
everytime i listen to the radio with the m off i get stations normal. But when i turn the headlights on i get fuzz on stations that normally come in clear
What Radio? The factory radio or some outboard tuner radio? If so what type?

Old 12-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orient Express
What Radio? The factory radio or some outboard tuner radio? If so what type?

Sorry.. I have the factory navigation system

Old 12-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Double enthusiast

I've had my HIDs installed for a couple of months, and have had NO problems whatsoever. The radio (w/nav) works just as before.
I'm so pleased with the mod that I have plans to install the same lights on my wife's Toyota HH.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Make sure that the ballast cases are grounded to the frame. If you have bolted the ballast carrier to the car, then you will have a good ground.

I have a Navi-Hybrid, and have not experienced any interference on any radio band.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orient Express
Make sure that the ballast cases are grounded to the frame. If you have bolted the ballast carrier to the car, then you will have a good ground.

I have a Navi-Hybrid, and have not experienced any interference on any radio band.

I guess my kit doesnt have a seperate ground...I just used the PNP harness....is there soemthing i am missing?

Thanks

Old 01-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

What I was asking is if your ballast cases are securely bolted to the body of the car, and not just zip-tied in place.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Awsome write up for everyone who has contributed!!

I was going to purchase HID's for my ride, but on x-mas I received Sylvarstar ULTRA. I got a set for my High's and Low's.

Here is an example from their website

My review of Sylvarstar Ultra :
They make a big difference at night (obviously). Many of my friends think that they are REALLY bright, when I follow them in my car. I have a couple friends who feel that I have High-Beams on at night.

* For about the same price you can probably get HID's ( I got mine free so I cant complain)
* HID's provide much better light

Complain about Honda Civic Hybrid:
Installing them was a hassle compared to other late models. I do not know why the design to change a bulb had to be so difficult, with so many things in the way. As others have done, I took of the front wheels to give me more clearance.

Note:
My girlfriend vehicle has HID's and will try to show a comparison. My other friend has a "stock" civic, I will try to get a shot of what stock looks like compared to Sylvania Ultra as well.

Quick Reply: MY DIY HID headlight install

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands