HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Driver's side window out of track

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Driver's side window out of track

Mine is an 07 and I had the driver window coming out of the track problem a few times. I complained about it when I took it in for service and I believe they replaced the motor and track. It's noiser now, but has not come out of the track since and it's been about 3 years. However, the auto-up never works: it goes up, hits the top and comes back down 1/4 way. I find it difficult to make it go back up as I almost always kick in the auto-up, which then goes up and back down! Frustrating. I'm going to try to remember to complain about this next time I take it in for service. It's been like that since they repaired it.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Driver's side window out of track

I got my window repaired today. The service advisor (who's been there 23 years) said it's a difficult and expensive repair. They must replace the internal mechanisms, the window, and all tracks and guides as part of the repair. He explained that the problem is caused because there were several suppliers for the various components, and sometimes the tolerances were "off" just enough to cause misalignment and/or malfunction.

The service advisor also gave me the following advice (in case you might ever need to have this repair done):

Once all parts have been replaced, do NOT operate (raise/lower) your window for a couple of days in order to allow the flexible replacement parts to become permanently seated in their proper position. Not sure if that advice is fact or myth, but I put a Post-It over my window controls to help resist temptation.

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 09-09-2011 at 12:35 PM.