HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Problems with drivers side window going off track

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Problems with drivers side window going off track

Anyone else having problems with the drivers side window going off track? I took my car back to the dealer and the guy stated that this is an issue with our 2006's. He ordered some part and it should be in a couple of days from now.

Last edited by birchman2; 09-15-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Problems with drivers side window going off track

Originally Posted by birchman2
Anyone else having problems with the drivers side window going off track? I took my car back to the dealer and the guy stated that this is an issue with our 2006's. He order some part and it should be in a couple of days from now.

Yes
There is a product update for it.
I have to get mine fixed too.

I think there is a VIN number range that it affects.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:12 AM
Enthusiast

Is there a technical service bulliten? I had mine come out of the track recently, so I pushed it back into the frame and brought it to the dealer. After they looked it over, they claimed that I must have fixed it.

DKeane

Old 09-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I haven't had the problem (yet). Does anyone have the VIN range? Mine is very late in the production run (it was completed in late July, delivered to me in August), so I'm hoping mine isn't affected.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

I wonder if I have the beginning symptons of this. Sometimes when I use the 1 click auto up it gets almost the way up and then reverses. Almost like the sensor is telling it something is in the way. If I hold the up button, it will close.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Enthusiast

Yes - that's the problem. If you watch the upper rear corner of the driver's window when it hits the top of the window frame, you'll see that it's coming out of the track. I have to get mine fixed too. Until I fix it, when the window is about 1/2" from closing I pull the top rear corner of the window down with my finger. You can feel the whole window shift back into the track and then it goes up fine. Pain in the neck though. Please post the fix the dealer uses so I can inform my own dealer when I get it fixed.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Once I go back I will keep everyone posted. He also stated that there is no service bulletin yet but, also reports that this is semi common and one probably would be coming soon. I washed my car yesterday and noticed while the window and track were wet it worked very well. It looks to me like friction in the front part of the window slows the front down causing the rear part to come off track.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Aneil Mishra, Ph.D.

Please do post technical bulletin when it comes in, as I've had the same problem (first the 1-up button caused the window to come back down once it was 3/4 of the way up, then the window came out of its track). However, when I took it to the dealer, they couldn't replicate the problem (of course).

Aneil Mishra

Old 09-17-2006, 08:34 PM

My dealer brought it up on his computer.
It is definitely a known problem with a known fix.

I am not positive what they call it.
It is not a recall, since those are only safety-reltated things.
I think it may be a product update or service bulletin.
Regardless of what it is called it IS a real know problem with a fix that Honda has published.

I didn't write down the notice number, but it said the "something" is out of spec. (I think the tracks).

If you watch closely the window catches or gets hung up on the front track first, which makes the rear of the windownpop out of the track.

I have not had time to get mine fixed yet.

Originally Posted by birchman2
Once I go back I will keep everyone posted. He also stated that there is no service bulletin yet but, also reports that this is semi common and one probably would be coming soon. I washed my car yesterday and noticed while the window and track were wet it worked very well. It looks to me like friction in the front part of the window slows the front down causing the rear part to come off track.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:42 PM

Does anyone know if Honda posts their bulletins on a website? Most bulletins are now considered public domain information.

Many manufacturers are now doing this. In fact, for bulletins related to emissions, it is a federal requirement (so that independent repair facilities can perform satisfactory repairs).

Quick Reply: Problems with drivers side window going off track

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands