HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Problems with drivers side window going off track

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Default Re: Problems with drivers side window going off track

Originally Posted by mishra
Please do post technical bulletin when it comes in, as I've had the same problem (first the 1-up button caused the window to come back down once it was 3/4 of the way up, then the window came out of its track). However, when I took it to the dealer, they couldn't replicate the problem (of course).
One of our two HCH's had the problem, it started with the window rolling back when it was about 1 inch from closing, initially you could close it by trying a couple of times. It would work fine for days and then back to the same.
I got it fixed at the dealer and it only took them 1/2 an hour, they said it needed to be adjusted. I am concern that it might start failing again if no parts were replaced.

If anyone can help I would like to find out the Ref.# for the part that needs to be replaced.
My other car has been fine so far with the same milleage and age (5 months).

Katz

Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yup.. I need the ref code too.. if anyone has it... I temporary greased the track.. seem to have improve a little.. but I dunno how long it is going to last.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast

Here is my invoice for the window work.

-Ronald

Old 11-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Enthusiast

I'm just adding to the list of folks with driver's side window issues. I have a 2006 with 11.5K miles and the window came out of the track, reversed automatically when being raised without being touched, and developed a squeak behind the door panel. I took it to my dealer in Raleigh and they placed the glass back in the track, put something called Bumper-Brite on the track for lubrication, and placed a piece of felt in the door panel to get rid of the squeak.

I have to give the dealer Leith Honda lots of credit on this. They were unfailing nice and easy to deal with and even gave me a free ride to the mall and back which is located across the street from the dealership. Took about 2 hours total - no charge of course for the warranty repair.

I still love my car!

Old 11-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I had the same problem on mine. I traded in the car without fixing it.

Old 11-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast

I finally got my window fixed, so far it appears to be fixed! The comments on my invoice read:
LEFT FRONT WINDOW COMES OUT OF RUN CHANNEL CHECKED AND FOUND BULLETIN 06-014 TO APPLY. REMOVED AND REPLACED RUN CHANNEL AND RECHECKED WINDOW ADJUSTMENT. OK AT THIS TIME.

Old 11-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the same problem on my 06, exactly as described. And my boss too (he too has a 06 hch...)

I'll be taking the car in to be repaired.

Juan S. Fernandez
06 HCH and 06 FEH
Los Angeles, CA

Old 02-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

BIG SIGH....... I had hoped that Honda would have fixed this known problem with the 2007s. No such luck. A little over 6,000 miles on my car and when I raised the window yesterday it bounced back down about an inch from the top. 5 or 6 repeated efforts to close it finally resulted in it closing. Same thing happened today (unfortunately I park in a parking garage and open my window 2x a day; guess I'll just open the door until I can get in to get this problem fixed....)

Anyone have any updates on this problem or its fix?

Old 02-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Enthusiast

Lynne,

See my post above on 11/18/06. I had my repair done at Sierra Honda in Monrovia (very close to where you are). They did it at the same time as an oil change. They found the service bulletin related to this repair and I haven't had a problem since.
It's BULLETIN 06-014 (at least that's what they wrote on my service invoice).
Good luck!

Old 02-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Perfect! That's where I bought the car. Will call them for app't!

Quick Reply: Problems with drivers side window going off track

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands