HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Anyone with 06HCHII & Sirius?? or new tire??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone with 06HCHII & Sirius?? or new tire??

I'm still shocked and amazed... but now that there are TWO such cases, I guess I just have to start accepting that this is true!

There might be a cheaper alternative to replacing all the tires, though... you could buy one and get it cut... I believe the term is "siped"... to grind fresh rubber off the new tire until it equals the circumference of the other three. You'd have to judge if this is worth it based upon how much tire life you have on the other three.

Perhaps a cheaper alternative... if there's not too much wear on the old tires... is to raise tire pressure up on the old tires and reduce it on the new one. It might make just enough circumference difference to get the computer to accept that all wheels are rotating at the same speed.

I know I've said it before... but I'm STILL shocked!!! So does this mean that just going around a curve at high speed can cause engine RPM issues??? In a wide sweeping curve, the inside wheel would turn slower... that should be viewed by the computer the same as a smaller circumference tire. I'm still mystified!

Old 11-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Anyone with 06HCHII & Sirius?? or new tire??

I'm with you Jeff. This seems just TOO sensitive!

I guess we'll all learn how to deal with this oddity better as time goes on and we have different situations arise.