Sirius & Text question ('08 OEM)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Sirius & Text question ('08 OEM)

I've been posting around trying to find an answer, and no luck so far. This board seems to have a lot of technicaly inclined brains posting, so I'll try here as well.

I have the 08 Sirius & 6cd radio upgrade, not the audiophile. Everytime I start the car or change channels on the Sat I have to press the TEXT button to bring the artist & title back up on the HUD. Yet it appears Text stays just fine in the FM mode.

Is there a way to make the default postion after a channel change be the artist & title? I tried to call Sirius, they said call Ford. Ford said ask one of highly trained service techs at your local dealer. (BTW one of these 'highly trained" people tried to sell me molded mudflaps "with or w/o fender flares" for my 08, even after I said the 08 is a new body style with no option of flares!)

So I turn to this group, and am confident someone can help!

Thanks
Bryan

Old 06-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sirius & Text question ('08 OEM)

I'd love to know the answer, too, but more importantly, how do you get text on FM? I live in a rather large city, and I know on Monsoon radios there's information on the channel and the song playing. Is that the text you mean?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sirius & Text question ('08 OEM)

Originally Posted by queenfan
I'd love to know the answer, too, but more importantly, how do you get text on FM? I live in a rather large city, and I know on Monsoon radios there's information on the channel and the song playing. Is that the text you mean?
That's the test I'm refering to. Some startions broad cast the artist & title in my city. I think it's in the menu under RDS? Can't say for sure.

But another forum says OEM's are limited in functionality, and this will not be possible