Tailgate Gas Shock Failure

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tailgate Gas Shock Failure

Ken, I don't get into YYZ until late tomorrow night and then leave the hotel to head for the airport at 2 PM on Saturday so I did not call to tell you I was coming...to cold to get out!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It is an El Nino year, so get used to weird weather, there will be quite a bit more. On the plus side, there were only three named storms in the Atlantic, an only one US landfall.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Mel,
Give me a heads-up next time you are down I just got back from Long Beach. Off to Wichita tomorrow for recurrent training.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txav8r
I have to fly a trip to Calif. tonight and then to YYZ tomorrow! Up there in ya'lls neck of the woods.
Not my neck of the woods.

Over 2,000 miles to Toronto from Vancouver.
Toronto to Texas is 1,230 miles.

So closer to your neck of the woods!

(Vancouver to Texas is 2,300 miles.)

Old 12-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Canuck, you are just a "geographical oddity" (from O' Brother Where Art Thou, one of my favorite recent movies). I love Vancouver but won't have that flying back until spring.

I am on reserve Ken...I get at best, notice the afternoon before the trip leaves. It was cold up there...I am glad to be back in Texas where it has warmed up a bit. It was 48F when I landed and expected to be 70F on Sunday but then back down in the 50's and then 40's for high temps. At least a few days of nicer weather...if the ball games weren't playing Sunday, I would maybe take the boat out! I noticed all the lakes up there were frozen solid. Even Lake Michigan's eastern shore had ice out several hundred feet! I will give you as much notice as possible. Good luck at training. I always loved training at Flight Safety or Simuflight...training at the AA flight academy is much more stressful but after 20 years of doing it, I can handle it.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:04 AM

Mel what is the closest airport to you with 4000FT? I have the X with me its at the service center for SB's and SL's till Wed. I am going to do some training in it on Thrus and Fri with Fs

Old 12-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Ken,
Gainesville Texas is probably the closest Ken. I live about 18 miles southeast of there in the country. The id is KGLE. You are at KICT aren't you? Sorry I didn't see your message sooner, I didn't get in from KMIA last night until after midnight and then the drive home is about an hour...I am on call on Wednesday through Sunday and they could nab me for a trip. If I end up with long call on Thursday, I will let you know. Otherwise, I would hate for you to buzz down and find that I was called out. If you are going to just be out training and get this far south, you can call me and see if I am still here. I will PM both numbers to you. Enjoy training and ICT!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:08 AM

GM replaced my tailgate gas shocks today under warranty and they work great.