Tailgate glass/door ajar message, how to fix it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Escape HEV'08 El Salvador
Default Tailgate glass/door ajar message, how to fix it?

My FEH'08 was pretty bad rear-ended...and after the repairs it's showing this message, even when everything is closed and locked...somebody knows where the switch (or connector to check) is? I cannot find any pushrod or contact switch to fix...someone can share a wiring diagram for this?
Thanks a lot!

Old 05-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tailgate glass/door ajar message, how to fix it?

Look at p117-4 of the FEH Wiring diagrams. There are two switches in the circuit, one for the glass & one for the liftgate. If there is a broken wire in the circuit that would give the same indication as if the gate or glass was open.

First go look at the switches themselves and check that the wires are connected properly. They could be dirty or whatever, so pull the connectors off & reinstall them. This should punch thru any dirt.

If you have a multimeter, with the connectors disconnected, operate the switch and ensure it works. (ie opens and closes electrically)

If that doesn't work then start tracing the wires back. You're looking for some kind of a break. If you have a multimeter you can pull plugs and check for continuity progressively from plug to plug.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Escape HEV'08 El Salvador
Default Re: Tailgate glass/door ajar message, how to fix it?

thank you Bill...but I don't have taht wiring diagram (I've tried to take it form Autozone's web...) could you be so kind to post it?