Hood Ajar Message

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:06 PM
FEH 2006 IN EL SALVADOR
Default Hood Ajar Message

Dear Friends, my FEH had a little accident, and had to be repaired all the front, new head lights, new front bumper, new radiators, you imagine, now I have the message of hood ajar all the time in my dashboard, the garage does not remember to have seen the hood switch so I do not know where it was located, can anybody help me to find the switch position and the wire colors, because I do not think the switch is still there. I will just put the wires together once I find it.
Also is the mpg and all the info the is shown in the dasboard standard in all the FEH, since mine does not shows it, only the hood ajar, and the tire monitor fault. Does this faults need to be removed in order to have access to this information?
Regards

Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hood Ajar Message

Originally Posted by webcorrecto
Dear Friends, my FEH had a little accident, and had to be repaired all the front, new head lights, new front bumper, new radiators, you imagine, now I have the message of hood ajar all the time in my dashboard, the garage does not remember to have seen the hood switch so I do not know where it was located, can anybody help me to find the switch position and the wire colors, because I do not think the switch is still there. I will just put the wires together once I find it.
Also is the mpg and all the info the is shown in the dasboard standard in all the FEH, since mine does not shows it, only the hood ajar, and the tire monitor fault. Does this faults need to be removed in order to have access to this information?
Regards
You should be able to hit the RESET button to temporarily clear the alerts. They will re-appear when you power off and then power back on.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
FEH 2006 IN EL SALVADOR

I already tried this, and when I press set, it shows close door to reset, it can not be reset, I need to find the switch to reset it.
Regards
Mario

Old 09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

The switch is VERY visible, right on the "sill" on the frame of the grille, near center, near the hood latch. Easy to find. Should be obvious ( unless it is totally gone, and you need to find some loose wires somewhere!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:51 AM
FEH 2006 IN EL SALVADOR

The switch is gone: But I found the wires, one violet/red, and one black/white. I short circuited them and the message dissappeared.
Thank you for your help.
Mario