GM Is Listening to us Hybriders!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: GM Is Listening to us Hybriders!!

unfortanatly GM does not set the used automobile pricing. That is done by the consumer and the market demand. I can remember when the used Duramax almost sold for the price of a new one because GM could not make the new sales demand. Same with the Avalanche when it was first introduced. No question that the first customers of this new technology are going to pay a price, I guess to a degree it is what we can contribute to the environment. What would be nice though is that if GM would keep the modification status up on the earlier vehicles in line with the new until a major product hardware change is completed, then at least we would only have to deal with the year of our vehicle and the milage. Hummer, unfortunately I think its over, the new direction is the current line up of Hybrids and the Volt.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Administrator

going with the volt, it looks like a 2 mode model with a powerful battery. can they do that to us 2 mode prototype buyers, be able to upgrade to this battery and be able to plug it as well?

Old 02-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jeremy,
The Volt is a new design with new technology it does not have the two mode capability, single electric motor than when the battery dies, a ICE powers a generator that in turn powers the electric motor. The ICE is also used during certain operating conditions with the battery ie going up steep hills accelerating. I like the volt technology a lot. I looked at the plug in idea for the Tahoe however because of the size of vehicle, four wheel drive and towing capacity even when the battery is at max charge i believe the best distance you may get out of her in EV only mode at lets say 35MPH maybe 6-8 miles under best conditions. I beleive the Volt which is smaller, lighter and less powerful may go 60 miles before the ICE kicks in and poweres the generator to power the motor, not sure but the generator and motor maybe the same unit in the Volt. I like the Volt. Jeremy what I would like to see GM due is to help us prototype buyers by putting the updates from the 2010 and forward vehicles until they complete a major design change under warranty. This would at least give us the latest two-mode technology until we are ready to buy a new vehicle, it will also help or used pricing and this would be a great customer appreciation buy GM and keep us as Hybrid customers. Don't get me wrong a plug in Tahoe Hybrid is a great idea, I believe GM just needs a little more development time and maybe some imput from it's current customers. A Two-Mode Hybrid Customer advisory board would be a great idea for us and GM. GM just needs to take the step here, what a great way to build loyal longterm customers!!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kipper777
I previously reported having my 7 month (18K miles) old Tahoe Hybrid in the shop (I am on day 9) and being frustrated because first it was a firmware update and now it was a part coming from Lansing having to with the AC compressor (original issue was acceleration hesitation going from reverse to drive).
Kip,

Can you provide an update with regard to your AC Compressor repair. I am having the same problems with my 2008 Yukon. Thanks.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

It's great for all you guys in the US and Canada driving a Hybrid that GM is listening. If you think you're pioneers, what about we few who are driving the Tahoe Hybrid in Europe.
We have chosen to drive an experimental vehicle, in a part of the world GM disowns the real Chevrolet brand for vehicles made in Korea.
What were the GM people doing, when my truck was at the dealer's last year for 13 weeks waiting for parts! The same parts which would have been covered by a warranty in the US cost me almost $1100, not to mention the labour to have them fitted.
I am really pleased that this forum is making things happen for owners in the US who have problems, but for those of us across the pond we have no such luxury.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Tahoe Hybrid. I enjoy it every time i get behind the wheel.
I'd just like to see a glimmer of acknowledgment by the Hybrid guys at GM that their trucks are around the world, and we owners outside the US are doing our bit to promote their view of the future.