GM Is Listening to us Hybriders!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default GM Is Listening to us Hybriders!!

All you folks posting on here - know that someone from GM is reading our posts and taking them seriously.

I previously reported having my 7 month (18K miles) old Tahoe Hybrid in the shop (I am on day 9) and being frustrated because first it was a firmware update and now it was a part coming from Lansing having to with the AC compressor (original issue was acceleration hesitation going from reverse to drive). It became obvious that the service folks at my dealer largely have their hands tied and still have a significant learning curve in servicing our Hybrid trucks themselves. I was told earlier in the week my Tahoe would be ready Monday at best.

Good news! Spoke to the Service Director today and he said my Tahoe should be ready today and what helped speed up the fix was my "post on some hybrid site". He claims that an engineer or someone from GM reviews this site and they saw my post and moved the process along - not that being out of my truck for 9 days versus 13 days is acceptable by me! But - I'll take the help from the GM Gods any day!

I figured you all would be interested in hearing this! This site has helped me immensely and if it were not for all of you guys I might have ditched this car by now over frustration when the truth is I LOVE IT!

Keep it real!

Kipper

Old 02-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: GM Is Listening to us Hybriders!!

Kipper,
Glad to hear your good news
This is a great forum indeed, Thanks to all GM engineers who are keeping their eyes on us, in order to gaurantee customer satisfaction

Old 02-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Administrator

do they have some computer/ecu tweaks that can improve the mileage even better?

Old 02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

No question GM is listening and I am sure its the folks that are on the development side. So lets give them the best feedback we can from all our experiences. This is a great vehicle and can only get better.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

So...GM, Be a leader in Auto Manufacturing and consider updating the existing trucks as you develope new, more efficient mods...not just the new vehicle line. That would generate so much customer satisfaction and loyalty...so when will my new upgraded hybrid battery be Li Ion??? I wish you would, that battery box is in the way! I love my truck and really happy GM is working to improve everything...thanks.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Most likely a product manager or staff would monitor forums. They could not respond directly because anything they put out in public domain has to go through their legal departments. So---

When you have an issue, identify your vehicle (maybe even the last 8 of your VIN) and the dealership involved. The "Company" can contact the dealership and get "the rest of the story" or see if they can provide any assistance to the dealership to resolve your concern. I've seen where they will go to an assembly plant and pull parts off the line to rectify an out of stock condition in their parts depots.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: GM Is Listening to us Hybriders!!

I am with Mel on the updating, this is done in Aviation by Boeing, Cessna, Bombardier, Gulfstream etc. My Citation X just under went a no charge $750,000 service bulletin, service letter update package. Customer relationships are very important in all industries today especially the Automotive. I realize that not all upgrades can be for free, however you can have it optional, were a customer can complete the upgrade at a discounted price. Also just like in aviation there are block point changes where there has to be a new model introduced but at least when you get to this point by offering some of the upgrades especially to the first series users you have their respect and they buy the new model. Also if the original model does have some upgrades its value is better for resale. We are the first group here that took the chance on this product and I am glad I did, and I know all on this forum are promoting it, so it would be nice for GM to show some appreciation to its customers.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Miles for smiles

Then they better pay attention. I am looking at a new vehicle, and hybrid Sierra, but my Yukon has 45000 miles on it and the best dealer offer for trade is $29000. A 18 month old truck, all highway miles, no damage, no rips or tears, and my hybrid depreciated almost 50%. Keep the hybrids, I will drive my diesel VW, until GM recognizes that integrity is the most important asset. My diesel gets 45mpg, my Yukon, 2x the weight gets 20-22 honest mileage which I love. But I can mot subsidize the green movement at 50%.
Love the truck, came from a Dodge diesel RAM to this.

GM, listen, you have no support for these vehicles aftermarket, so good luck, I buy a new truck every 18 months with 45000 miles on my wheels.

Any advise?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Administrator

C'mon GM, keep the hummer as a hybrid, it will work! it does have most of the GM parts, what is so hard in keeping it a hybrid?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com..._blg=1,1655878

Old 02-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Go Redskins/Go Yankees

Actually I was thinking, after listening in Autoblog,that the deal to sell Hummer is over, they should be sold as GMCs. The H2 pulling a big snow plower stuck in Baltimore during the blizzard of 2010 was great!

Quick Reply: GM Is Listening to us Hybriders!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands