Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

what are gas prices at for you?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what are gas prices at for you?

I've got to admit it's pretty irritating how gas prices have shot right back up after the election. I wanted to call it mostly coincidence but this is ridiculous - up 20 cents a gallon just a week after the election? C'mon.

$2.51 in Woodland Hills.

Last edited by SoopahMan; 11-18-2006 at 03:10 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:27 AM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoopahMan
I've got to admit it's pretty irritating how gas prices have shot right back up after the election. I wanted to call it mostly coincidence but this is ridiculous - up 20 cents a gallon just a week after the election? C'mon.

$2.51 in Woodland Hills.
It's market driven and not the gas companies.... Ya right and if you believe that I have some property in New Orleans that doesn't flood for sale

We still haven't gotten below $2.35 a gallon here and that was just this week it got to that point.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Enthusiast

Er ... you's guyz are kidding, right?

There's this little thing called Thanksgiving ... think it was one of the first presidents that made it a holiday ... family time. Bunches of people ... **** near ALL of the people in this country ... get all dressed up nice and JUMP IN THEIR CARS and go somewhere ... often times hours away.

Think its on Thursday this year.

Seriously though ... the price of a gallon of gas is not based upon what the buyers paid for the gallon, it is based upon what THEY THINK IT WILL COST TO REFILL THE TANK IN THE GROUND. There is the presumption that there will be significant extra demand in the next few weeks, so they tick up the prices accordingly. Lefties like to call it profiteering ... like making money when you have a high demand product is a bad thing ... I won't argue that the buyers may not be throwing an extra penney or two into the price because of the holiday.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:20 PM

It's been $2.15 here for the last 4 weeks. No post election jump, or thanksgiving spike.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Hybrid True Believer

Gasoline has increased by a penny perday since the election. What a surprise. At least the Bush Oil ruse didn't fool the voters.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:25 PM

Yeah - I really am the sort to prefer a strictly economic explanation over backroom deals, but when the dip is so pronounced right at the election, I just don't buy it.

I just visited Boston for Thanksgiving and it was interesting to note the difference in prices - $2.51 is still the lowest here but $2.18 can be found in Boston's suburbs. That difference is just a little bit larger than it was 2 months before, so while CA's gas tax may have been voted down it seems the gas companies have levied a little one of their own in its place.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast

so 2.10 for unleaded 2.18 for middle grade 2.44 for high

Old 12-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Automania Enthusiast

We had dropped a bit to the $2.35 range for regular, but this week are back up to the $2.45 (most stations) - $2.55 (Most Mobil/Exxon stations) in our area.

The good news is, if your a NYS politician they are looking at voting themselves a 20% pay raise. So 10-15 cents more a gallon won't hurt them, only the little guy.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:11 PM

Maybe everyone has seen this already:

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Harry

Last edited by Earthling; 12-08-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:45 PM

Earthling, thanks for that map. Looks like Texas is still doing better than most for some reason.

Make no mistake, Big Oil was trying to hang on to their friends running the Country. Americans are taken as fools by these sociopaths, and I'm not sure they are right for the most part.

All I can do is drive my FWD FEH the best way possible to save from feeding their sociopath habbits from ripping me off. Either learn to hypermile or pay at the pump even more.

GaryG

Quick Reply: what are gas prices at for you?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands