Should I get the security cargo cover?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Should I get the security cargo cover?

Anyone have the security cargo cover? Is it worth it?
I coach my daughter's softball team and I am hauling the team equipment around all the time.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Should I get the security cargo cover?

Originally Posted by nicst47
Anyone have the security cargo cover? Is it worth it?
I coach my daughter's softball team and I am hauling the team equipment around all the time.
I got it with my MMH. It's not to bad. it covers 90% of the back cargo area. It's easy to take out and it rolls up nice. It also keeps prying eyes away..

Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 08HYBRID
I got it with my MMH. It's not to bad. it covers 90% of the back cargo area. It's easy to take out and it rolls up nice. It also keeps prying eyes away..
Is that the standard roll-up cover?
How about the hard top cover? I guess it's not worth it if the roll-up comes standard.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

A security cover does not come as standard equip. on the MMH. I ordered one from the dealer and paid $140.00 at the time of delivery of my MMH. At the time I did not realize that the MMH came with privacy glass in rear doors and liftgate window which makes it quite difficult to see into the rear storage compartment. Bottom line - I wish that I had not paid the $140 as I have taken out the security cover since it was more of a nuisance to use than I wanted to put up with. IMO the privacy glass serves pretty much the same purpose.

Doug

Old 11-30-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Doug121041
A security cover does not come as standard equip. on the MMH. I ordered one from the dealer and paid $140.00 at the time of delivery of my MMH. At the time I did not realize that the MMH came with privacy glass in rear doors and liftgate window which makes it quite difficult to see into the rear storage compartment. Bottom line - I wish that I had not paid the $140 as I have taken out the security cover since it was more of a nuisance to use than I wanted to put up with. IMO the privacy glass serves pretty much the same purpose.

Doug
Good point. With the tinted glass, the rear section isn't visible at all.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Feral Engineer

I had this window shade type cover in my Explorer and tended to leave it in the garage, as it always seemed in the way - like when you fold down rear seat to carry something. I find the tinted glass hides most anything unless someone really puts their head against the glass.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I feel like if someone is going to steal something, weather they can see it first or not may sway their decision, maybe not. Obviously if it's closed, there is a reason to break in, if there is just stuff back there, they can window shop first. It can go either way...

Mine came with, but doubt I'd splurge for one, haven't used it yet; but I live in the country, and do go shopping at a mall or leave stuff in the car either.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

We sprung for it in our '06 FEH and, up until I started hauling lots of stuff that required the rear seats down (which means the rollup cover gets in the way), it was useful. I haven't put it back in since my baby was born (March '07) though, because even though the rear seats aren't being folded down much anymore (child seat's are a PITA to reinstall constantly--done it enough, already, in 8.5 months' time) it gets in the way of the baby gear we're usually hauling -- jogging stroller, etc.

Our FEH is fully loaded, and for good or for ill, we remain happy with all the extra options even though we don't use all of them often (eg. built-in standard electric plug--wish I'd had the FEH before I bought standard cig adapter chargers for all my geek gear years ago! ;-)

Old 12-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I have one for the 2005-2007 and I never use it.
It has been is the garage since 2005 so it should be in "new" condition... no sun fade or anything.

If anyone wants it, I will try to find a similarly shaped box to ship it.
How does $100 sound? Incl. ground shipping?

If interested, you could mail me a check, and I'll hold the check until you get my cover in the mail and see if you like it or not. I'm not into all the paypal stuff. Have never used any of that. -John