Cargo Area Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Cargo Area Cover

I want a cargo area cover for my 2012 Escape Hybrid. The one from my old 2007 Hybrid doesn't fit and the dealer wants $135 for a new one. I've looked on ebay and most of the listings of the ones for sale say they do not fit the Hybrid. Any thoughts about whether the covers are common with the non-hybrid models or ideas about where to get one without paying retail? Thanks.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cargo Area Cover

Try this link for Husky Liners. They have been good in the past for having FEH specific offerings. I have had good results with them on my 08 FEH.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Cheapskate

He wants a cover, not a liner.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Cool Re: Cargo Area Cover

Originally Posted by elborak
He wants a cover, not a liner.
Then why don't you give him some useful information?

I was trying to be helpful and give him an alternative that is less expensive and FEH specific that may meet his needs. But, hey, one-line responses without helpful information are so much easier to type.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Cheapskate

I assumed you had misread his post. Otherwise why point him to something completely different from what he was asking about? You might as well have pointed him to a site selling grill covers; that would be equally irrelevant.

I didn't offer any advice because I don't have any other than the obvious: buy new, hit a junkyard, look on eBay. I could have posted pointing him to something he didn't ask about, but that seemed pointless.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:37 AM

Really? So something that covers/protects the cargo area floor is completely different than something else that covers/protects the cargo area (including the floor)? I guess we have different criteria for what completely different and irrelevant means. You do know that Husky makes cargo area liners, right?

Originally Posted by elborak
I didn't offer any advice because I don't have any...

Last edited by MyPart; 06-20-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Cheapskate

Originally Posted by MyPart
So something that covers/protects the cargo area floor is completely different than something else that covers/protects the cargo area (including the floor)?
Of course it is. If you asked about roofing suggestions and someone sent you to a carpet shop, I doubt you would find it helpful.

But neither of us is helping the OP at all, so I'll bow out of the thread.

Best of luck, OP. The cover is nice (mine has one), but I do find I use it very rarely.