Mudflaps or ClearMask?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mudflaps or ClearMask?

The guy in the parts department tried to sell me the "factory" splash guards today. I checked the parts diagram and could tell these were the wheel well liners that are already on the car. The guy confirmed it after going out to look at my car! Thanks 08hybridok for making me aware I should look closely before placing the order. Looks like we will be waiting for the "molded" ones whenever Ford gets around to making them... you'd think they would like some easy money...

Old 12-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leoashton
Looks like we will be waiting for the "molded" ones whenever Ford gets around to making them... you'd think they would like some easy money...
If the '08 rear molded splashguards are like the '07, you will likely be disappointed. Mine were way too small to be useful, and I removed them to replace with a larger mudflap. The molded fronts are okay and are the correct size. The rears appear to have been designed for a much smaller tire and vehicle.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

They are small yet effective. we've has snow last 2 weeks and they keep the snow/salt from sandblasing the paint.