"Leading edge" Mudflaps missing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default "Leading edge" Mudflaps missing.

So recently I was pumping up all the tires on out two HCHIIs and I noticed a difference in the wheel wells.

Our '06 never had mudflaps.

Our '07 had mudflaps, but I made the dealer take them off as I did not want them.

Now I see the '06 has little flaps on the leading edge of the rear wheel wells (opposite where the accessory flaps would go) and my '07 does not.

It appears that when they removed the accessory mudflaps from the trailing edge of the rear wheel wells the tech must have assumed the leading edge OE ones came off too.

Now I want to call back and have what I paid for put back on the car, it's just bugging me that I can't see the value of these tiny OE leading flaps.

Does anyone know what the are for?

Thanks, Ian

Old 08-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Default Re: "Leading edge" Mudflaps missing.

Do you notice any rock damage on fenders because these have been removed? Could it be a rear spoiler?

Old 08-24-2007, 01:06 PM

I really don't know what's it's for.

The grease monkeys can't envision it over the phone, so I guess it will have to wait until I need an erl change.

Anyone look for theirs?

Old 08-24-2007, 01:31 PM

I believe it is part of the under-body panel. Helps clean up the air flow and improve FE? I would have purchased the stone guards if my 06 came without them. Some had them and some came without. I was glad mine had them. That was the first thing I checked when I picked the HCH up, beleive it or not! H.