2 Hybrid family

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile 2 Hybrid family

Woo-hoo,

We are now a 2 Civic Hybrid family.

My wife picked up a 2007 Galaxy Gray Navi tonight. 167 miles on it.

I just hit 20,000 on my 2006, Mag Pearl with Navi on the way home from the dealer.

Her 2003 CRV went to our 18 yr old son. Last year my daughter got my 2002 Civic 5 speed when I got the Hybrid.

I can't believe we have bought 4 Honda's in 5 years (all from the same dealer).

Mike

Old 08-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2 Hybrid family

congrats, its pretty awesome that you guys have that many hondas, but i cant blame you
how do you think the 5 speed civic compares to the hybrids?

we have an 01 and its not as comfortable, but faster, just looking for your thoughts though

Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mike,

When I was driving my manual Civic, I would get 40mpg sometimes in the summer. Back then I did not track the mileage but did try to do a good job. In the winter I would average around 33mpg. Overall year round I figure I was at the 35-36mpg on the car.

I strongly suspect my daughter (who won't even bother to calculate the mpg for a tank of gas) only gets around 30mpg. (unconfirmed of course, but I have known her for 23 1/2 years).

I really liked my first Civic. I had every intention of getting another, when it was time to hand a car down to her (gee, I'm such a nice Dad). But then I got seduced by the Hybrid and life has been better evers since. (How is that for a commerical endorsement!)

So in summation, I really liked my old Civic, but I love the Hybrid.

Mike

Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast
Post Re: 2 Hybrid family

that's great & congrats. good choice, how much did you spend it? if you don't mind

Old 08-22-2007, 10:00 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicokpe
that's great & congrats. good choice, how much did you spend it? if you don't mind
Maybe when your kids get good jobs, they will trade in their hand-me-downs and get an 09/10 HCH . I am curious as to how much you spent as well... here in California (at least northern CA) they are playing the "Honda Year-End Clearance Event" commercials. Last month they were showing the Pilot, Ridgeline, Element and a few others. This month they are pushing out all models of the Civic, including the Hybrid. So I'm curious if you can get an 07 w/ Navi now for what I paid for mine w/o Navi (got it for $21,500 which was dealer invoice). I'm wishing I waited until the year-end event (I just bought it in April)... but am really happy that I got it! No regrets, no complaints!! Again, congratulations on your 2nd HCH.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Way to go Mike! Congratulations on the second HCH-2 addition to the family.

Guess, what?

You just been added to the group of weird people (in this forum at least) that have a 2 HCH-II household !!

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 08-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sheesh MSantos,

I thought I was leaving the wierd people (those who have only one HCH-II) behind and joining the true normal people. It feels good to be home now.

Once I check to see just what the wife paid (she's a big girl I don't look over her shoulder on major purchases) I'll report on it. She did produce the Saccucci Honda pricing for the warranty and got that honored. I pointed out to her that if you went through them that that you could do 1 yr (12 payments 0%apr). So the dealer even decreased the price by the amount my wife would have saved by not having the Honda Care on the finance charges for the car. So that worked out well.

Additionally, we bought the all season floor mats (I love mine) and the wheel locks through College Hills Honda. Including shipping still save over $50.00 than going through dealer.

The only dealer option put on was the mud flaps. Better them doing it than me saving a little money a possible screwing things up.

I am going to check into the rain guards as well eventually.

Mike

Originally Posted by msantos
Way to go Mike! Congratulations on the second HCH-2 addition to the family.

Guess, what?

You just been added to the group of weird people (in this forum at least) that have a 2 HCH-II household !!

Cheers;

MSantos

Last edited by FourSticks; 08-23-2007 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Added financial comments
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FourSticks
Woo-hoo,

We are now a 2 Civic Hybrid family.

My wife picked up a 2007 Galaxy Gray Navi tonight. 167 miles on it.

I just hit 20,000 on my 2006, Mag Pearl with Navi on the way home from the dealer.

Her 2003 CRV went to our 18 yr old son. Last year my daughter got my 2002 Civic 5 speed when I got the Hybrid.

I can't believe we have bought 4 Honda's in 5 years (all from the same dealer).

Mike
Congrats!

Mmmmmm.... double-nav....

Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congratulations! You sound like a really dedicated hybrid family; now if I could just convince my parents or my sister to get a hybrid, I could be just like you! (sigh--- if only)

If you bought them all from the same dealer, I would hope that you're getting a good discount. They must love you! Then again, that speaks really highly of the dealer, too- you wouldn't keep going back if they didn't give you good service and great value. Feel free to plug the dealer, in case there are other NY families looking for a dependable place to shop for a hybrid. I feel that good service and respect should be rewarded, don't you?

Best of luck with both the new and old HCHs!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Thumbs up Re: 2 Hybrid family

Originally Posted by FourSticks
I thought I was leaving the wierd people (those who have only one HCH-II) behind and joining the true normal people. It feels good to be home now.
Yeap! A lot of weird families with only one hybrid, some even with no hybrids... that's really weird...

Quick Reply: 2 Hybrid family

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands