Have pity on a hybrid newb please....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Have pity on a hybrid newb please....

Still has whatever tires that came with it. I never go the filter in there. I saw where it went but I couldn't get the filter in correctly without bending.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Eager Novice Enthusiast
Default Re: Have pity on a hybrid newb please....

Hi Nikki,

I have found that the tire psi has a pretty big effect on your mpg, even in the winter. It allows you to use less gas pedal to get up to the same speed. I would recommend putting them up to at least 44 (what it states on the sidewall). I run mine at 50 and it really seems to help.

Like Bryan implied above, your gas pedal control will effect your MPGs the most, so you might just try one tank at moderate acceleration to see what it can do for you. Then you can decide if it is worth it to arrive a few minutes later or not. I have found that its more about how you get up to the cruising speed and keeping the RPMs lower can really help on that.

I am in KY, so a little north of you, and so far this winter I am holding steady at about 35 mpg. I usually get 40-41 in the spring and fall.