Cargo\Privacy Cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cargo\Privacy Cover

Is the cargo cover on the hybrids a different size than the ones on regular FE/MM ???

I don't know, but there seems to be other differences due to the air intake stuff on the driver's side back there.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Is the cargo cover on the hybrids a different size than the ones on regular FE/MM ???

I don't know, but there seems to be other differences due to the air intake stuff on the driver's side back there.
Yes its a different cover because of the air duct. Someone here already had a dealer order them the wrong one becuase that wasn't accounted for.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Yes its a different cover because of the air duct. Someone here already had a dealer order them the wrong one becuase that wasn't accounted for.
I have a non hybrid cover on mine. It fits ok with some minor modifications to the pins that lock the cover by the hatch.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

I ordered a cargo cover for a 2005 MM. Got it home, and it did not fit right. I had to cut the nubs (don't know the proper name) down a bit and finally got the cargo cover to fit well. It is not hard to do. Cut the nubs (ends, posts, what are these things called!!??) slowly and carfully and keep trying to pull the cargo cover open. My dremel roto tool was a big help. It helped me grind those nub things down until the cover fit well. Other than having to mess with the cover, I have not had any problems.

Rick

Old 12-30-2006, 04:17 AM
Enthusiast

HI....I decided I definitely wanted one of these before I purchased my 06 FEH. I checked out the price in the parts dept. and they quoted me around $100 (CAN). When we had finally agreed on a price, I asked them to put one in the vehicle at no charge which they did. Actually, like someone else here, I've hardly used it and do find it in the way sometimes. I do think I'll use it more in the summer when I'm carrying more in the back.