Am I Being Paranoid?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:06 AM
08 MMH 4WD
Default Re: Am I Being Paranoid?

I have been very happy with Discount Tire. Then even repaired a slow leak (removed a nail & patched) for free, never even asked to see the certificates or look me up in the computer. (pre MMH but earlier this year)

By Geek Gal being self-explanatory, I guess you mean you are not the circus side show version of a geek ?

Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ICBMariner
I have been very happy with Discount Tire. Then even repaired a slow leak (removed a nail & patched) for free, never even asked to see the certificates or look me up in the computer. (pre MMH but earlier this year)

By Geek Gal being self-explanatory, I guess you mean you are not the circus side show version of a geek ?
Yeah, I don't bite the heads off chickens, I promise! I'm just your run-of-the-mill female coder/programmer/wannabe web guru/techie.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I've never met you or seen you Shannon, but for some reason, I suspect you wear black nail polish... or, black lipstick. Slightly Goth maybe?

C'mon... tell.... do ya even sometimes?
How about your teen-age years?
-John

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Yeah, I don't bite the heads off chickens, I promise! I'm just your run-of-the-mill female coder/programmer/wannabe web guru/techie.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I've never met you or seen you Shannon, but for some reason, I suspect you wear black nail polish... or, black lipstick. Slightly Goth maybe?

C'mon... tell.... do ya even sometimes?
How about your teen-age years?
-John
*cough* I was never a goth chick. I actually LIKE sunlight, the outdoors, hiking, camping. Goth chicks? Not so much. I've also never smoked and only been drunk once in my life (and that was intentionally, when I was well over 21, because it seemed like I ought to know what it felt like to be drunk.)

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, 9 years married, 19 years together, new mom to a wonderful 7-month-old daughter.

Any other questions?

I do confess I went through a phase of wearing black hightops with neon laces in early high school, but that was just to annoy the cool kids. As for lipstick, I've never worn much makeup, not even when I probably should have in my former corporate job.

P.S. Discount Tire does free tire patches... even if you've not bought tires from them for that vehicle. Hubby got the tire patched yesterday. (So I'm good for, maybe, another 6 mos. before I pick up yet another nail...)

Last edited by GeekGal; 11-01-2007 at 09:00 PM. Reason: hehehe
Old 11-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

WoW! Thanks for the.... thorough.... reply!
You went up and beyond the yes or no I was expecting.
I didn't mean anything personal.
Most of my friends are into the "Star Trek" theme, and most, not all, like black for some reason.... I never quite made the connection.... maybe because space is black? Anyhow. You are a good sport regarding a frivolous question.
-John

Last edited by gpsman1; 11-02-2007 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spel
Old 11-02-2007, 10:51 AM

Geeks (that includes the subset of geeks known as Trekkers) tend to prefer black, thus the reason most t-shirts sold on ThinkGeek.com, and other geek-themed websites, are black. I don't wear black much--it shows too much cat hair, and now, too much spit-up.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Heh, sorry I've been gone for a while, but I've also been rather satisfied with Discount Tire. They patched a leak I had, and I bought a Tire Warranty for them, so they'll replace any tire that has a non-repairable problem for free. Better safe then sorry IMHO.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Any other questions?
I've got one! Where was the picture taken? Paris Hotel in Las Vegas?

I've had two FEH flats repaired at a place called "Just Tires"... it costs me about twenty bucks each time, but when you buy a new tire from them you get all your repair money back. In other words, ten more flats and I get two free tires!

Old 11-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey, I've always had a thing for "goth chicks," smoking not included

Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Brady
I've got one! Where was the picture taken? Paris Hotel in Las Vegas?
Nah, nothing so exciting. The Tower of Americas in downtown San Antonio, Texas.

Originally Posted by Brady
I've had two FEH flats repaired at a place called "Just Tires"... it costs me about twenty bucks each time, but when you buy a new tire from them you get all your repair money back. In other words, ten more flats and I get two free tires!
Now that's an offer I could have gotten some good mileage out of, considering I'm averaging a tire puncture due to nails of every shape and description about once every 6 months.

Last edited by GeekGal; 11-04-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: responding to the other part of your quote