2008 Navigation Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:38 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner
Default Re: 2008 Navigation Package

Originally Posted by WaltPA
You don't have this?

On my 2008 FEH, that device is used to adjust the mirrors.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DavidH
On my 2008 FEH, that device is used to adjust the mirrors.
Oh, OK. Well, that answers why the tweeters aren't still located in that spot.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast

I made the mistake of letting the dealership talk me into taking the only 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid they had on the lot on May 12th with the promise of having Navigation, Bluetooth, and some other accessories installed after the sale. DO NOT TAKE THIS OPTION!!!! ACCEPT ONLY FACTORY INSTALLED NAVIGATION!!!I finally was able to pick up my vehicle on Friday May 25th and while it appeared to be in good shape, here is what I found:

- The nav unit that was installed was for the non-hybrid Escape and was missing the energy flow monitor functionality

- The nav unit was not installed properly so it has an error at each startup

- The power was not installed correctly so Auto Day/Night dimming does not work and buttons are not backlit

- Still only have four speakers so where are the others????

- Aux line in not connected to nav unit

- Speed sensitive auto volume control does not work

The Bluetooth hands free phone kit worked flawlessly for 24 hours and then died and when I took a look at the 2008 Escape Hybrid Accessories catalog, it says that the Hybrid with navigation is not able to have bluetooth!!!! I have no idea when this nightmare is going to be over but Ford Motor Company is involved as my advocate so we will see...

Old 05-27-2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Oh, OK. Well, that answers why the tweeters aren't still located in that spot.
The tweeters are now located in the middle of the door speakers at the bottom of the doors.

I have no idea why Ford made this change, they moved the tweeter from one of the best possible acoustic locations (the sail panel at the base of the A pillar), to the worst possible location sound wise.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 05-27-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Enthusiast

Okay, if they are there (in the doors), that makes me feel a little better. But, I am still missing the subwoofer that is part of the 7-speaker DVD nav package. I really don't even think they did anything to the four standard speakers that came with the first radio (non-nav radio).

Old 05-27-2007, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Craig Y
DO NOT TAKE THIS OPTION!!!! ACCEPT ONLY FACTORY INSTALLED NAVIGATION!!!I
Or do what I did & go aftermarket. My 06 came with factory NAV, but it was such a POS that I removed it & installed an Eclipse 5510 in its place.

I now have a beautiful full color 7" screen that does NAV/DVD movies/CD/CD-R/MP3's/Sirius radio/backup camera & bluetooth hands-free phone.

All that works perfectly & cost less than the factory NAV. I did give up the Hybrid screens, but other than for mpg they where nothing but a gimic to me anyway. I added a Scanguage II for mpg & I love the setup now.

~John

Old 05-27-2007, 01:35 PM

Okay, if they are there (in the doors), that makes me feel a little better. But, I am still missing the subwoofer that is part of the 7-speaker DVD nav package.
If they didn't add the subwoofer, chances are they didn't swap the door speakers either.

~John

Old 05-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Enthusiast

The 2008 Ecsape Hybrid has a much improved navigation system over previous year models. It is DVD/GPS navigation with a single DVD for the entire North American continent, 7" touch screen, Sirius, 6 - CD/MP3 in-dash changer. So, while I agree that after market is an option, I would really like to get the factory options I have already paid for. Very frustrating experience but I do love the Hybrid, especially since I traded a 2005 Hummer H2 in on it. My trips to the gas station are now tear-free!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 02:20 PM

I traded a 2005 Hummer H2 in on it. My trips to the gas station are now tear-free!!!
LOL, I imagine they are.

I work at a car dealer & we recently took an 06 H2 in trade. I was stocking it in & I was flipping through the trip computer screens.

I laughed when I got to the "average mpg screen" & it said 10.2 mpg.........

~John

Old 05-27-2007, 02:24 PM

The 2008 Ecsape Hybrid has a much improved navigation system over previous year models.
I realize that, I have directly compared the new unit to the aftermarket setups.

The new unit is still not as good as the aftermarket units & is a LOT more money.

~John

Quick Reply: 2008 Navigation Package

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands