2008 Navigation Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:10 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner
Default Re: 2008 Navigation Package

Originally Posted by DavidH
I tried to find the tweeters by injecting a high frequency sound and listening. No sucess. I e-mailed the question to Ford. Here is their answer:

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the tweeters of your 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid.

We recommend that you contact your local Ford dealership regarding your inquiry because they have factory trained technicians, comprehensive service information and specialized equipment to resolve your concerns. They are in the best position to discuss and review your request.

The Customer Relationship Center does not function as a technical or diagnostic repair facility. In the rare case where a staff member of any dealership is unable to answer a technical question regarding one of our products, there are technical resources available exclusively to them from Ford Motor Company where answers may be obtained.

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Fatima
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 4/22/2007 09:44:57 AM
To:
Subject: General_vehicle_questions

Contact Us
First Name: David
Year : 2008
Make : Ford
Model : Escape Hybrid
Questions: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid with Audiophile System. Where are the tweeters? I can only find 5 speakers, not the 7 advertised.

....and the dealer has no idea where to find the tweeters. They just say the car has the factory Audiofile system. So it has what is advertised.

Maybe the tweeters and the window pillar grab handles were deleted as part of a cost reduction, but they neglected to change their advertising.

And, I still cannot get the manual supplement for the NAV system.

Is the Audiophile system also a supplement?
...the dealer is now telling me the tweeters are mounted with the front door speakers and share the same speaker grille.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmorton10
It has nothing to do with the zoom level, all that does is show/not show the roads on the map. Even if you have it zoomed out to 500 miles, it will still plot a route just fine if the data is correct in the unit. When it says the "area is not mapped", it means just that-the info is not there in the unit.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought it was showing a route, where it wasn't also showing a road. I know that with mine, if I zoom out (show less detail), a road might not be shown anymore, but the route still is.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:40 AM

...the dealer is now telling me the tweeters are mounted with the front door speakers and share the same speaker grille.
Ask him to pop off a grill and show you?

I guess it is possible that for retrofits (adding the Nav system at the dealer's), that Ford uses a different design, and that design uses co-axial speakers. If that is true, and the dealer pops off the grill to show you, you will see two speakers, with the smaller tweeter in front of the larger speaker.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:15 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Ask him to pop off a grill and show you?

I guess it is possible that for retrofits (adding the Nav system at the dealer's), that Ford uses a different design, and that design uses co-axial speakers. If that is true, and the dealer pops off the grill to show you, you will see two speakers, with the smaller tweeter in front of the larger speaker.
I think the grilles are molded into the door panel. I think the whole door panel has to be removed.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:52 AM

I can't believe they would have done that, the previous location in the sail panels is a FAR FAR better location sound wise.

~John

Old 05-08-2007, 10:53 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerry&Natalie
I was in the dealership today for a tire issue and they received their first '08. It was being prepped for delivery but it looked liked my '07 as far as speaker placement. The other 2 you are talking about are the tweeters which are in the front doors next to the mirrors in a pod on the door. I only had a minute to see it but the pods were there.
In my MMH with audiophile system, there are no tweeters in the sail panels. Just talked to the dealership, and they said the hybrids come with just 5 and not 7 speakers (2 front, 2 rear and 1 sub in the back). Is this true? Even the Mercury website says 7 speakers...

Old 05-08-2007, 12:23 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

The dealer told me the tweeters are mounted with the front door speakers. (Coaxial speakers). In the dark, I put a small flashlight against the speaker grill and looked through the grille. The view is terrible, but I think I saw the tweeters in the center of the speaker. I did the same thing to the rear door speakers and they do not look the same. Instead of keeping us all guessing (including the dealers), maybe the factory will give us all an answer!

Old 05-08-2007, 12:28 PM
rb1
Active Enthusiast

The dealer told me the tweeters are mounted with the front door speakers. (Coaxial speakers). In the dark, I put a small flashlight against the speaker grill and looked through the grille. The view is terrible, but I think I saw the tweeters in the center of the speaker. I did the same thing to the rear door speakers and they do not look the same. Instead of keeping us all guessing (including the dealers), maybe the factory will give us all an answer!
I just called Ford -- their customer service has no info on the 08's and they redirected me to their marketing dept., and they in turn redirected me to check with the dealer. Not much help.

Even entry-level cars have tweeters in the sail panels -- it wouldn't be too much to expect that in a vehicle costing more than 30 G's, would it?

Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 PM

Just be a bit careful.... Factory speakers often have little paper cones in the middle that through a grill might look like a tweeter in the middle, but actually they aren't.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by rb1
In my MMH with audiophile system, there are no tweeters in the sail panels. Just talked to the dealership, and they said the hybrids come with just 5 and not 7 speakers (2 front, 2 rear and 1 sub in the back). Is this true? Even the Mercury website says 7 speakers...

That doesn't make any sense, my 06 Hybrid came with 7 speakers(they weren't great quality speakers, but there where definitely 7 of them)

~John

Quick Reply: 2008 Navigation Package

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands