Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

What order is the database in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default What order is the database in?

I was checking out the uber-cool database and for no particular reason what so ever I tried to determine the sort order of the cars listed, and came up dry.

By make it goes: Honda, Toyota, Honda, Ford, Toyota, etc.
So it is not by make....

By model it ends: View, Altima.
So it is not by model and it is also clearly not in MPG order, nor does it seem to be by vehicle class.

Suggestion:

Put it in some kind of order. My choice would be by mileage, highest first. That would put similar mileage cars like the Prius/Civic and the Camry/Altima/Accord together.

If by mileage is too much trouble, how about alphabetical?

Of course the best would be to have the sort order user selectable but I bet that would take some real work.....

Old 04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What order is the database in?

With only 3 exceptions its alphabetical by model, the last four are a little messed up for some reason

Old 04-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: What order is the database in?

The cars were listed alphabetically by model until CarsDirect took up the reigns. I assume they just added the newest ones onto the end. Sorry about that.