Finally a "Confirmed" order :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 03:36 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Finally a "Confirmed" order :)

This will be short and to the point.

Today I finally have a "Build-Date" (Sept. 30, 05) on the HCH I placed order for.

You would think that placing an order for a vehicle these days would be straight forward and no-big-deal.

In this case and more than likely others the way it really works with Honda is that they (Honda) build each model and ship to their dealers. If you want a certain Honda Model with Specific Options and that dealer is not automatically being sent one from Honda then your dealer has to 1st find out if that vehicle is scheduled by Honda to be built period and if so what dealer or dealers are going to get it. Now your dealer finds out that Honda is going to make the vehicle and shipping it to whereever, your dealer now has to try to get that receiving dealer to release that vehicle and let your dealer have it. Both dealers get back on line to Honda and receiving dealer releases it and your dealer submits the proper request to have the vehicle rerouted to him. If this sounds complicated it is in away but Honda dealers do it all the time every day just part of doing business.

In my case and the reason I'm sharing this information with everyone is because I had the wrong vehicle ordered by mistake and my dealer had to back out of the first vehicle and then go through this whole process again to aquire the correct HCH for me.

So, people be aware of how this works and I would suggest that you (Follow-Up) on a vehicle ordered and make sure that what you have told dealer you want is what dealer has actually coming for you. Don't take it for granted (Double-Check-It).

HTH

Terry

Old 09-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Finally a "Confirmed" order :)

Congrats on the confirm!!!

Just another example of over educated collage boys screwing things up and making far harder than needed. I deal with this every single day of my life.

If the collage boys leave things alone,, they work great. Take my pump orders. Not a rep one had problems with product, lead times or over all orders. Then the collage boys showed up with there lap tops and visions of complex machines that dont work. I spend more time dealing with them than I do selling and starting up the products. When i go to the factory for a vist. Its funny how they all seem to be gone,,, there like roachs,, or think you think there gone. All hell breaks loose when i get to them, the morons. You just wouldnt beleive how bad they have made it to move product.

I hope its still what you ordered when you get it.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congratulations on the [soon-to-be] 2006 HCH. When are they saying you'll have it?
--Walter

Old 09-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Tigerhonaker:

___You are still waiting until after Jan, 1 to actually take possession of it, correct? The 06 Credit will be/is worth far more then the 05 deduction …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 09-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Tigerhonaker:

___On another note, Billyt1963 lives in Chattanooga, TN. Is Franklin anywhere near there? I would love to have you and him get together after it arrives for a little “test drive” if you know what I mean Bill can teach you a lot more in 15 minutes behind the wind screen then we can in 10,000 posts … It would benefit not only you but everyone here as well!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 09-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wayne,

Thanks for the vote of confidence . Franklin is about 2 hours away, but we might be able to meet part way.

Billy

Last edited by billyt1963; 09-21-2005 at 04:00 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Finally a "Confirmed" order :)

Originally Posted by Walter
Congratulations on the [soon-to-be] 2006 HCH. When are they saying you'll have it?
--Walter
Walter; The Guesstimation (Spelling) "If-Real-Word" in plain English the guess is 30-Days after Build date which is Sept. 30, 05 so I (Guess) that would put it at dealer 1st week of Nov.

Terry

Old 09-21-2005, 06:16 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Tigerhonaker:

___You are still waiting until after Jan, 1 to actually take possession of it, correct? The 06 Credit will be/is worth far more then the 05 deduction …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
Hi Wayne;
In short (NO). The reason I am not is because Honda is reported to build only 28K for 2006, out of that how many will have Nav. and to make it worse how many be the (Alabaster-Silver-Metallic) that gives you the two-tone blue interior. To make it even more difficult out of the (Alabaster-Silver-Metallic) with the Nav. are being built out of the 28K total being produced. So; then how ever many that is going to be you have the whole U.S.A. trying to get their hands on one and I think honestly If a person doesn't get exactly what they want on the front end they probobly are going to have no-choice but to compromise their choice/selection from what ever they can get. So; yes I am aware of the 06 Tax Credit because my wife is a C.P.A. and trust me she is not cutting me any slack but does agree that if I want a certain color and certain options not to wait and cry about it because I didn't go ahead and order what I really wanted in the first place. As to taking delivery on this vehicle coming in on Jan. 1st I can answer that real quick, if for any reason I hesitate on taking delivery when vehicle comes in it will be sold immediately to the next person waiting in line. My dealer is only getting two HCH's by the end of the year with Nav. I found out today that out of 4-states that my dealer trades with their was only two HCH's that were the right color and with Nav. one with a build date of 09/30/05 and the other I think he said end of Oct. build date.

I can tell by reading your different threads and postings that you stay on top of things so I'm sure that you have already heard that because of the new Hurricane Rita coming towards Houston, TX. that guess what gas prices are going to go to $4.00 Per-Gallon so it just seems like there is no end to this gas price thing.

So; taking all this in to account I am not willing to take a chance on waiting for Jan. 1st and see if a person at that point is going to be able to get their hands on a HCH much less a specific one. You know that the next thing that is going to take place is because of limited availability of the HCH and customer demand high, here comes the added addendum to the MSRP like $1,000 to $2,500 according to how many that dealer is getting and the customer demand. Pitiful but true I work at a dealership and many-many times seen it pulled and believe me their are always customers out there that will pay it or some portion of it to take delivery right then.

Well thats my feelings on the take now delivery versus wait. I may be wront but not willing to take the chance on not getting what I want or having to pay over MSRP for it.

Terry

XCEL, always good hearing from you, stay in touch:

Old 09-21-2005, 06:27 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Tigerhonaker:

___On another note, Billyt1963 lives in Chattanooga, TN. Is Franklin anywhere near there? I would love to have you and him get together after it arrives for a little “test drive” if you know what I mean Bill can teach you a lot more in 15 minutes behind the wind screen then we can in 10,000 posts … It would benefit not only you but everyone here as well!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
Wayne; 2.5 Hrs. to 3.0 Hrs. Drive from Franklin to Billyt1963

Old 09-21-2005, 06:31 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by billyt1963
Wayne,

Thanks for the vote of confidence . Franklin is about 2 hours away, but we might be able to meet part way.

Billy
Billy; I ask wife she said somewhere around 2.5 to 3.0 Hrs.

What Yr. HCH do you have? Manual or Auto?

Terry

BTW I do-not know anything about Chattanooga

I just thought , or you you have a Civic not a HCH?

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-21-2005 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally a "Confirmed" order :)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands