Reversing bleeper

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:44 AM
EV Stealth Druid
Default Reversing bleeper

Hi all

New Prius T4 delivered today. 7 miles on the clock and time to fill her up for the first time.

But

Is there a way, short of a light hammer, of silencing the interior reversing bleeper? I can understand an external bleeper, many vehicles have them and some folks seem to want a man with a red flag walking in front when in EV mode (!) but an interior bleeper? Good grief.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Reversing bleeper

Excellent! Welcome to the CLUB!
Originally Posted by bish
New Prius T4 delivered today. 7 miles on the clock and time to fill her up for the first time.
We always recommend to not worry about recording the dealer tank. For reasons not yet clear, they seem to universally have mileage problems and after all, you've got a new car!

I'd also recommend checking out the European Prius Yahoogroup. They really are a super group. The Prius FAQ should also help you master the vehicle.

Originally Posted by bish
But

Is there a way, short of a light hammer, of silencing the interior reversing bleeper? I can understand an external bleeper, many vehicles have them and some folks seem to want a man with a red flag walking in front when in EV mode (!) but an interior bleeper? Good grief.
There is a way but I normally don't track it closely. If you search the message archives, I'm sure someone has posted the steps in the past.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 12-12-2007, 10:21 AM
EV Stealth Druid
Default Re: Reversing bleeper

Thanks, I didn't know about the yahoo list.

I've always been an anorak when it comes to fuel, and spreadsheet my fill-ups. I'm hoping to severely beat 49.4 mp(uk)g which I had from my last bus.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Reversing bleeper

Try here:
http://john1701a.com/prius/documents...User-Guide.pdf

It's on page 4. Most people have to try a few times before they get it to work.