Disabling beeps? Clear your passenger seat :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Disabling beeps? Clear your passenger seat :)

Hello all I want to thank / bless the people who posted info on disabling beeps. I saw some people were having trouble doing it. I did find out that if anyone or anything is in the passenger seat while you attempt the procedure then it will likely not work. See here.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=1077

Make sure you clear the passenger seat of people and debris before trying to disable any killer beeps.

Here are back up beep instructions. P.S. What happens for up down up down B A B A select start?

1. Power on (not necessarily ready, IG-ON will do).
2. Set Trip/ODO to ODO
3. Power off.
4. Power on to ready (brake on).
5. Within 6 seconds, press and hold ODO for 10 seconds or more.
6. WHILE STILL HOLDING ODO *after* 10 seconds, Shift from P to R, then back to P. Now release ODO.
7. You'll see in the trip display "b on" or "b off".
8. Press ODO to toggle.
9. Now power off.

Source for credit
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=4097

Last edited by fuji9991; 10-14-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Disabling beeps? Clear your passenger seat :)

Originally Posted by fuji9991
P.S. What happens for up down up down B A B A select start?
That code lets you total your car 30 times before filing a claim. PS, I can now run Contra on my cell phone - delicious. 30 lives code works and all.

I'm yet to figure out the seat belt beep disable trick. I've gotten it to appear to work - I buckled and saw the b-on, pressed ODO and got b-off, and thought I was successful - but it doesn't seem to have actually gone away, while the Reverse beep truly has. Very strange.

Old 10-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Enthusiast

I heard that the seatbelt beep will still go off when you first start the car but will not beep continously after the 60 second thresh hold. I don;t think there is any way for it to totally turn off but you can turn off the continous beep that would put one in a strait jacket before long.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Enthusiast

Hi.. I got the same problem.. beeping for seatbelt --> no one sit on it but my bag and etc ..I did clear the passenger seat too. I turned the power off and turn it on again and it stopped beeping. .. Great observation and thank for you all..

Old 12-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Happy Hybrid Owner

I did the reverse disable a while ago, and it worked great. I did the seatbelt disable, and it also worked (on the continuing beep, not the initial one), but only for the driver's belt. I want to try the passenger belt, since that's the one that I really want to disable. I always wear my belt, but my elderly and a bit feeble mother takes a long time to get hers buckled, and the beeping makes her so anxious it slows her down even more! So I'm hoping that by buckling the passenger belt instead of the drivers during the programming procedure, I can affect those beeps. I'll let you know if it works.

I recently had a bad accident with my Prius (hit a deer while going 68 mph on the highway), and after collecting it fresh from the collision shop, of course here I am back to this thread, to see how to turn off the beeps yet again.

(See other forums for my thoughts on the crash and restoration.)

C.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Mm that explains the seatbelt issue then. That's unfortunate, that really annoys me. I like how quickly the Prius is ready to go, if I put the key in as I sit down, hit the power button as I put my seatbelt on. But I get several beeps in the process, first for the door being open with the key in, then for the power being on with the seatbelt not quite buckled yet. It'd be nice if those at least had a delay on them so I could get into the car before it started "alerting" me that, well, I'm not fully in it yet.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Enthusiast

Hello to all,
I tried to do this with my brand new Prius Sol, bought 14 Days Ago, but didn't work. iIs there an other procedure to do this?