Lower front passenger seat Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default Lower front passenger seat Help!

We have a new 08' Civic due next week & love the car based on our test rides. However my wife hates the fixed height front passenger seat and I find it too high for my comfort. We are both very tall.
Is there any way the seat can the lowered?
-The drivers seat is adjustable & we wonder if A.The drivers seat parts can be retrofited to the R front seat , B. If there are spacers or components that can the removed to lower the seat ,C. If the seat is removed could a qualified welder cut it down & reweld it more to our specs. Yes I realize the liability risk, warranty issues and air bag position may be slightly off spec but IMO the risk is worth the reward.
Any thoughts? Thank you so much from soon to be Honda drivers (our Mini Cooper will have a new pal to play with!)
Mark & Corky

Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lower front passenger seat Help!

I'm waiting for mine also, maybe next week I hope this isn't a problem for me, my wife should be OK she is a little over 5 ft, I'm 6'1". If this is a problem I would go to the junk yard and get an adjustable seat and have it re-covered to match. might even find a power seat.