XM Satellite Radio Inoperative Until Ignition Key Is Cycled

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast
Question XM Satellite Radio Inoperative Until Ignition Key Is Cycled

Has any one had an issue with their XM satellite radio stop playing. I have a 2007 TCH and it is doing this about twice a week. There is a TSB (T-SB-0271-09) on it that matches the exact issue. I do have an extended warranty and the car is within the extended warranty period. My car was bought in the US, but is now in Canada. The Canadian dealer says that the extended warranty does not cover the radio. I plan to talk to the US dealer that I bought it from to see if there is any reason why it should not be covered. Anyone have any information or expereience with this items? Thanks .

http://www.toyotapart.com/XM_SATELLI...SB-0271-09.pdf

Old 10-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Satellite Radio Inoperative Until Ignition Key Is Cycled

i have no problems with my xm on my '09 TCH so IDK

Old 10-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Satellite Radio Inoperative Until Ignition Key Is Cycled

I have a 08 TCH with XM Radio and Navigation System. My XM Radio cuts out in a similar manner but the frequency is perhaps just a few times a year. I discovered that by going to the hidden menu on the Navigation system, and then exiting the hidden menu will reset the XM radio, and it will then work without having to cycle the ignition key. Then the XM Radio plays just fine.

From www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f49/another-hidden-menu-11376/

There is an easier way to get into the Hidden Diagnostic mode;

1. press 'DISPLAY'
2. then touch Upper Left corner (where the red dots are) then Lower Left Corner, repeat 3 times or until it goes into diag mode.

To exit out of the Diag. Menu, completely just press on the Display button on your Nav for about 5 seconds and you are back to I Agree screen.

Though the nav version that I have is different than described in the post, it works just the same.

Good Luck.

P.S. Was the frequency that you have this problem always constant, OR did it get progressively worse over time? (relative to my experience, 2 times a week seems like a lot)