3rd ignition key for FFH

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default 3rd ignition key for FFH

If you wish an extra key for your Ford Fusion Hybrid and not have to pay $180 through the dealership, you can find a Flip Key on the Internet. You need your two original keys to program a new third key, so buy it now so you can still program it. I received my FFH flip-key the other day for $59 with shipping. I tried to get the key cut at some big-box stores and even the dealership and they wouldn’t or couldn’t do it. When I took it to a key shop he quickly unscrewed the key shaft and cut the key. The screws are on each side and are exposed when the shaft is only opened to 45 degrees, not fully open. I gave the shop owner a copy of the programming instructions, that he didn’t have, and in return he said the cutting was free. Sometimes today, the bigger the company the smaller the service.
The programming instructions that came with the key were flawless and the ignition and the door remote worked on the first try.
The secret to cutting the key is to remove the shaft and going to a real key shop. (see photo to show screw locations)

If you are looking to a site to buy a key try on eBay and type-in 06 2006 FORD FUSION FLIP KEY REMOTE KEYLESS. The key is listed for $39.95 plus shipping.

Attached Thumbnails 3rd ignition key for FFH-2-keys.jpg   3rd ignition key for FFH-blade-screws.jpg  

Last edited by sobayimage; 11-11-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: better site to order keys
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 3rd ignition key for FFH

I got a factory style key blank from http://www.autotransponder.com/2009_155.

My local Ford dealership cut the key for me for a nominal fee (forgot how much but it wasn't much). I did the programming myself.

On a related note, as long as you have two keys, you can add a third to the security system by yourself. If you only have one working key, you will need to go to a dealer or locksmith to add one. I highly recommend that you go ahead and add a third (spare) key before you loose one of the factory two.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 3rd ignition key for FFH

Wow thanks for the information! I just order one for my FEH, coming up on one year of owning it. I never knew you could get one for a Ford. This is so great!
Thanks