Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

just got off the phone with Keith at 620-662-6631 with Midwest and purchased 6yr/100k platinum for $799. It look less than five minutes with a nice fella who said they do volume with their prices, about half what my local dealer quoted me, and still a quality Toyota product.
I hope they make money on me.
Red Wilson

Old 06-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Enthusiast

Crown Automotive in Kansas sold me an Extended Service Agreement 7/75 Platinum with $0 deductible for $645, and a 4/55 Prepaid Maintenance Agreement for $850. Vehicle is a new 2009 TCH. Way better pricing than the dealer offered when I bought the car last week, and the best of a handful of quotes I got over the phone from dealers around the country. (Note on prepaid maintenance: costs out about the same as pay as you go for me at the dealer in Los Angeles who will probably service the car. I went ahead and did it because I plan to service it at the dealer and I'd rather take the hit now.)

Cheers.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Driving in stealth mode

Originally Posted by mikecism
For those of you looking for a good price, and good service (quick, no muss-no fuss) on the Toyota Extra Care Extended Warranty, Doug Bonczek at Toyota of Danville (doug.bonczek@toyotaofdanville.com, 877-442-8474) is a solid guy.

I've purchased a few through him, and the process was quick and easy each time.

I can vouch for Doug too. I purchased through him because of this recommendation and another. He will answer all questions and isn't pushy! Very easy transaction.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Will extended warranty purchased in US valid in Canada?
I have a US car registered in Canada.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

How critical is it that you have all of the factory service done for these warranties to remain in effect?

I have about 500 miles (or about 3-4 weeks) left on my factory warranty, and I was considering buying the extended warranty, but since all I have done with the car so far is have the oil changed, tire rotation, and air filter changes, will they deny claims?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 06-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Enthusiast

I haven't seen my paperwork yet so I don't know the answer to that, but I am sure a call to Toyota Financial Services would answer it.

Cheers.

Jed

Old 06-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have heard on other sites that US Toyota extended warranty is not valid in Canada. However, I can't confirm.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

Called Midwest Toyota Superstore (1-800-530-5789) in Kansas on 7/30/2009 and talked to Jerry. Was told that Midwest's prices would increase by an as-yet undetermined amount (possibly in the $20-$25 range) as of August 2009.

Bought Midwest's 7yr/100K/$0 Platinum plan for $964 for my 2007 TCH with 35,500 miles. Was also quoted a $799 price for the 6/100K/$0 plan. Both prices are the same as have been previously reported on this site for Midwest.

I had also talked earlier in the day with Troy at Greenfield (Mass) Toyota, and was quoted $940 for the 6/100K/$0 plan and $1,055 for the 7/100K/$0 plan.

Process with Midwest was quick and easy, and took about 10 minutes by telephone. Only needed to provide current mileage, VIN number (which was used to look up date from Toyota that car was put into service), and credit card number. Paperwork is to be sent later.

PS - I live in Texas, which is a part of Gulf States' exclusive Toyota distribution territority. When I bought the car in 2007, the dealership insisted that only a Gulf States-branded Toyota warranty would be valid for Texas-bought Toyotas and that I could not buy a Toyota warranty elsewhere, particularly from an out-of-state dealership.

But, when the finance manager checked with the service manager after I kept telling him he was wrong, and finance manager had to finally concede that I was correct, and he asked me for the printout I had summarizing the warranty info and prices from this site.

Also, when I bought the car, I managed to avoid the the otherwise mandatory (but unwanted) Gulf States extra-charge add-ons (floor mats, pin striping, etc.) by ordering the vehicle exactly as I wanted it directly from the factory. Had to wait several months for it to arrive, but it was worth it.

Thanks, GreenHybrid forums!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

I just got the extended warrantee from MidWest. Very professional group.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Malcontent

My dad told me he was charged $2500 for the 7/100 plan by the dealer. After a few months, he was finally able to get his money back. I think the dealer didn't even put through the paperwork for the warranty and stalled. Since there was no warranty, it was harder for him to cancel it and get a refund.

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands