What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

A couple things about my TCH drive me a little nuts.

1. The rattle of my license plate when I close the trunk lid.
2. That sometimes when I listen to my mp3 through aux, I have to cycle through all outputs (fm's,am cd and aux again) to be able to listen to the radio. If I go directly from aux to radio, there is sometimes no sound.
3. How poorly it handles the ice and snow.
4. How badly my FE drops off as the temps drop.

Have owned my TCH since July of 06 and there are over 31k miles on it.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

Iwannasave$$$:
I stuck some felt on the underside of the license plate to reduce the rattling.

My FE goes down maybe 1 or 2 MPG in colder weather, but I am in the South where it might get to 40 degrees in the winter.

My biggest gripe? I couldn't get the big tax credit because of the AMT. I read somewhere that only a small window of income earners can get the credit.

My next car will be a gas engined car, for better acceleration.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

My Gripe is all the people Gripping!! We really like the car!! We have almost 10K miles on it now and we have not had the need to take it to the shop!! For NOTHING! Which is Totally Cool!

This post is too long to make a suggestion to some of the issues listed.

When gas hit $4.50 a gallon this summer, this thread will be shorter! Enjoying my TCH!! Bill

Old 02-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

I have to agree with Bill. Yeah, there are a few things I would change, but that's on every vehicle I've ever owned. So far, at 6000 miles, I love this car!

Robb

Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
joe540ci

Originally Posted by To D Lake
I have to agree with Bill. Yeah, there are a few things I would change, but that's on every vehicle I've ever owned. So far, at 6000 miles, I love this car!

Robb
I have been away for 6 weeks, During that time I drove a camero and an 04 rav-4. When I arived home my wife had the camry hybrid at the airport and I jumped in and drove home. Within a mile or so I was amazed by how nice the camry drove and rode. There is nothing i don't like about our Camry!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Pragmatist

What one thing do I really hate about TCH?

Abusive, deceptive dealers . Especially the "service" department.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have to agree that the TCH is the best car i have ever owned. There is no perfect car..........they all have some tendancies we might not like. I am happy with my TCH and the performance has been great........and i am averaging over 40.5mpg as of the last time i checked a few weeks ago. The manual mpg was actually like 3-4 mpg higher than the instant mpg meter!!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

I would like to be able to slide over and get out the passenger side of the car if someone parked too close to the driver's side so I wouldn't have to open my door. I'd like that option. The controls and storage box make it too challenging to consider unless a very last resort!

Old 03-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast

The microscopic trunk space! The biggest selling point of the Prius over TCH is P seemed to be designed as a hybrid from the ground up, but, with the TCH, the hybrid engine was added onto the previous TC design. At least, that's what it looks like when you're trying to fit Costco purchases into the tiny trunk!

Old 03-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dkeene
The microscopic trunk space! The biggest selling point of the Prius over TCH is P seemed to be designed as a hybrid from the ground up, but, with the TCH, the hybrid engine was added onto the previous TC design. At least, that's what it looks like when you're trying to fit Costco purchases into the tiny trunk!
Umm... I think that's clearly a matter of perspective. I went into the TCH from a 2002 Saturn SL2. Yes, I could fit more into the Saturn than I can into the TCH, but that's only with the seats folded down, and no passengers in the rear. With the seats up (as they may as well be with the TCH), I find the trunk of the TCH enormous in comparison with the Saturn. Sure, the non-hybrid Camry has a much bigger trunk, but the TCH is no lightweight.

Quick Reply: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands