What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Recent Hybrid convert
Default Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Originally Posted by FastMover
The passenger side seatbelt hardware -- if left in the position it normally assumes after being used it will knock on the right inside door frame and give the general impression that the door is not fully closed. It drives me nuts because I think I have a door rattle. After someone uses the front passneger seatbelt, I always need to position it so it won't rattle. The seatbelt needs a stowage pocket on the seat or sidewall.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this nagging problem... of course, it all depends on how far 'forward" or 'backward' the driver's backrest is located from the B pillar. I believe this problem would go away if I would just move that darn seat a bit more th the front (or more to the back), but then my passengers would obviously not be as "comfortable".

Old 06-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Old Boomer Techie
Smile Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Originally Posted by HybridFan
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this nagging problem... of course, it all depends on how far 'forward" or 'backward' the driver's backrest is located from the B pillar. I believe this problem would go away if I would just move that darn seat a bit more th the front (or more to the back), but then my passengers would obviously not be as "comfortable".
I have solved it for the moment. I purchased a package of small Velcro "Dots" from the local Office Despot (opps!). I picked a place on the side of the seat for the female side (self adhesive) where the buckle could not reach the post and then had my wife stitch the male "dot" to the seatbelt with light weight thread just above the hardware. So far its working quite well.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ah yes.. the nagging rattling passenger seat belt.. Almost every time a passenger leaves, the seatbelt somehow gets in the position to rattle. I have become adept and fliiping the seatbelt until it fully retracts and straightens out. The velcro idea is pretty good though I may try it.

Happy hybriding!

Old 06-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Old Boomer Techie
Thumbs up Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Originally Posted by WillyBill
The velcro idea is pretty good though I may try it.
A most amazing thing that I have discovered. Most passengers since I have installed the velcro take notice of it when they buckle up, and they replace the seatbelt onto the velcro when they get out.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

My biggest complaint is the location if the button to adjust the side-view mirrors. Talk about uncomfortable. I won't even talk about the center console squeek. 17K on the clock and I think I'm getting used to it to the point where I barely notice it anymore. Not sure if it bothers the wife or not (her daily driver).

Old 06-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Not to sound like an alarmist, but it would probably be a good idea that if you do decide to sew anything to the seatbelt, don't go overboard and perforate the belt with too many needle holes.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Post Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Originally Posted by spiff72
Not to sound like an alarmist, but it would probably be a good idea that if you do decide to sew anything to the seatbelt, don't go overboard and perforate the belt with too many needle holes.
No perforations! The lightweight thread goes through the weave. The nature of the seatbelt "belt" fabric is just like a high performance sail on a racing yacht. It is a crossweaved web that is composed of warp and weft synthetic yarns on each edge to change the direction of each individual fiber by 90 degrees that are woven with straight fibers that have higher tensile strength running the length of the belt. A fine enough needle can pass between the weave and part it if the belt is not under load just like a fid can pass through a nylon or synthetic rope or sail.

fid (fĭd) n.
1. Nautical. A square bar used as a support for a topmast.
2. A large tapering pin used to open the strands of a rope before splicing.

Last edited by FastMover; 06-25-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FastMover
No perforations! The lightweight thread goes through the weave. The nature of the seatbelt "belt" fabric is just like a high performance sail on a racing yacht. It is a crossweaved web that is composed of warp and weft synthetic yarns on each edge to change the direction of each individual fiber by 90 degrees that are woven with straight fibers that have higher tensile strength running the length of the belt. A fine enough needle can pass between the weave and part it if the belt is not under load just like a fid can pass through a nylon or synthetic rope or sail.

fid (fĭd) n.
1. Nautical. A square bar used as a support for a topmast.
2. A large tapering pin used to open the strands of a rope before splicing.
Gotcha - I think I just had a "Mr. Obvious" moment there, visualizing someone taking a "handi-sew" to their seatbelts!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Enthusiast

I dunno, maybe you can do this but I've never been a big manual reader...

I wish the car would lock automatically as I walk away from the car with no one inside the car. I find it somewhat incongruous in a high tech car such as this that I have to manually press the button on the handle to lock the car.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hybrid_dsl
Not quite the same; the hold seek feature is something that's existed on every car radio I had before. But hey, now that I've actually programmed in the all the stations, it doesn't matter anymore.
I found that the up/down audio controls on the steering wheel will SEEK to the next in-range radio station if you hold it down for about a half second and then release!! Awesome for when I'm driving in an area where my programmed stations don't work! If you continue holding it down, it does the same thing, so you can do it quicker by holding then releasing.

Personally I don't get why I have 3 screens of speed-dial phone numbers, but only 2 screen of programmed radio stations for FM. And no, I'm not getting XM. And yes, I have an iPod, but it's not always in the car.

Quick Reply: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands