What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
I've never seen anyone mention this before and it the one thing that really bugs me.
the center vents on the dash have nearly no vertical adjustment! What's with that?
Hmmm. I can adjust my center dash vents both up and down.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by klynch
Hmmm. I can adjust my center dash vents both up and down.
Yes. They can move up & down but not far enough. I would like to be able to point the air to the roof sometimes. The highest I can go is just about horizonal.

I'm taking my dash apart this weekend to install the backup camera. I will dbl check the vent's operation then.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Got it...thanks for the clarification! Good luck with the camera!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Enthusiast

Not being able to do any meaningful changes to the NAV system while going >5 MPH.

Close #2 -- With hybrids as common as they are now, you'd think they'd have a NON-RESETTABLE lifetime MPG meter.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Falcon18323
a NON-RESETTABLE lifetime MPG meter.
As opposed to not having one at all, you mean?

Old 07-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The fact that I like the car now, after over a year of ownership, as much as I liked it the moment I drove it off the dealer lot. I'm still paranoid about dents and make the effort of parking away from other cars at shopping malls, look in terror in my rear view mirror if I see some jerk following me few inches behind or woman driver behind reading book while driving (just 3 days ago doing 50 mph on very busy highway) or watching huge rock bouncing of my windshield and looking for the cracks later (just this morning, the noise was sickening, do those cars have rock magnets?). It drives me totally nuts, sometimes I wish I had a car I didn't give rats about so I could start cutting people off just the same way, they cut me off or hit those breaks a little to see if the moron following me so closely have reflexes and is paying attention. Almost forgot, why did they make the headrest for hunchback? It's pushed way too much forward and makes my neck hurt on long trips, one day I think I get another one from junkyard and try to bend it back to my liking, if I mess it up or it breaks I'll still have original one.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pete4
Almost forgot, why did they make the headrest for hunchback? It's pushed way too much forward and makes my neck hurt on long trips, one day I think I get another one from junkyard and try to bend it back to my liking, if I mess it up or it breaks I'll still have original one.
It's all because of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 202. All new cars are required to have headrests that no one likes.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beng

2 The Center Dash Lights - The center dash lights are way too bright and are not controllable. Having the radio surround glow at night is more a distraction and serves no purpose I can think of and is one of the first things I plan on trying to disable if I buy a TCH.
Does the Canadian model not allow this to be adjusted? For mine, you can turn the trip reset button to the left or right to adjust this.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlacamp
Does the Canadian model not allow this to be adjusted? For mine, you can turn the trip reset button to the left or right to adjust this.
Yes, turning the trip reset button does turn down the illumination of all the dash lights. I wish there was a separate control just for the glowing nav/radio. I'm hoping the fix will be as simple as removing the bulb in the radio.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

The arm rests are placed too low on the doors. I'm not exactly sure but this issue might only be related to to the leather equipped packages. I did not have the desire to test drive or purchase a TCH with cloth seats..

Quick Reply: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands