What did you trade in to buy your new Camry?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What did you trade in to buy your new Camry?

2004 Honda Accord V6 EX-L/Nav, bought in July of '04 and parted, with 106k on the clock. Average FE was around 25.

Got to be worth it for the extra 10-12 MPG!

Old 03-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I traded a 2000 Nissan Maxima. I commute 52 miles each way to work and was tired of stopping for gas every 3.5 days.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast

1999 Ford Explorer Limited Gas Guzzler-16MPG. Good riddens!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Fabulous in Green

2004 Nissan Murano. 15 MPG, I definitely DO NOT miss!

Last edited by g.theory; 03-28-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Wrong year.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger
2004 Honda Accord V6 EX-L/Nav, bought in July of '04 and parted, with 106k on the clock. Average FE was around 25.

Got to be worth it for the extra 10-12 MPG!
I am in a similar boat; Accord V6, top o' the line.

The 2003-2007Accords are great cars - best I've owned. I almost went with a 2008, but the new "superknob" and non-touchscreen Navi were turn-offs.

In the end, it's the mpg that turned me to the TCH - my average mpg was ~21, and I ran the numbers - if I can save 1/3 on gas costs, that's about $2,300 a year for me. Along with the goodies on a TCH, it was a pretty obvious what I should do.

I will miss the V6 power, no doubt, and zooming around evey blue moon, but quite frankly, if gas prices keep going up, the cost savings to me wiill be worth it.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Enthusiast

What else? 1994 Toyota Camry XLE with 208000+ miles on it that still ran awesome, never needed a drop of oil in between oil changes every 5k miles, and started in like a quarter turn of the key (my friends always kidded me that my car started itself when it "saw" the key coming!) so fast that I seldom heard what the starter motor sounded like. Still had original muffler, struts, transmission, engine, etc. Only changed radiator (at like 150k), engine mount rubber, and starter motor, and NOTHING before 135k!!!!!! LOVED that car, was just getting a little long in the tooth and wanted a Hybrid

Old 03-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Enthusiast

2004 Nissan Maxima SE. My wife REALLY liked her Maxima and, believe it or not, shed a tear at the dealer when we traded it for the '08 Camry Hybrid . The Max was very comfortable with a great engine but had 3 Major recalls, was making weird noises, the heater didn't work when still, and had to many scratches (got hit during a wind storm by a flying work sign...was she ever bummed about that).

Anyway we choose the TCH over a Lexus IS250 base model. Thought the TCH rode nicer and I think the JBL is very clean, powerful stereo. The TCH shared many parts with the Lexus and just couldn't justify the extra $$$ when I suspected the TCH was every much the quality car...and my wife didn't want the "image" (whatever that may be?) of owning a Lex.

So, she is becoming used to her TCH even though it doesn't cradle and comfort her like the Max. Give her time.
I am very happy with the purchase.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4, with moderate lift and larger tires. I was averaging 12.5 miles per gallon combined driving.

I'm loving my new mileage!

Old 03-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Owner

2003 Highlander with 20,000 miles on it.
A good car but was never satisfied with the gas mileage (21 mpg avg) although I realize this was the mileage the car was rated at.
I tried every trick I knew of to increase the mileage (semi syn oil, K& N air filter, higher tire pressures) but to no avail.
I am not lead foot or a fast driver so those factors shouldn't have had an negative effect on the mileage.
I like the TCH mostly for the much better fuel mileage and the feeling that it's more stable on turns and curves (lower center of gravity) and seems to me to have way more power and better acceleration than the Highlander.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Enthusiast

2004 Volvo C70, very fast, decent mpg for the power, disappointing car... ride, handling, amenities.

Now if they only would built a convertible TCH

Quick Reply: What did you trade in to buy your new Camry?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands