Warranty / Repair Items for TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 04:55 PM
700 Mi Camry Club Member
Default Re: Warranty / Repair Items for TCH?

None. I have the common squeak here and there in the car. Occasional brake noise when backing up. Otherwise...in the twenty something thousand mile range and no repairs. Simply does it job everyday. Bridgestone tires will need to be replaced in the 30 something range I'm sure. If the tires make 40,000...I'll be surprised.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Camry Freak

Originally Posted by WIRELESS
The only complaint so far; The original tires only lasted 26,000 miles, we replaced them with Goodyear "Triple Treads" and seem to be wearing much better than the original tires....
Has your mileage changed since installing the Goodyears? I too will have to replace the original Bridgestone tires soon, and I was looking at either the Triple Treads or Comfort Treads... but am worried that mileage will suffer because they are not low rolling resistance tires.

My vehicle only has about 18,500 miles... and I'll have to replace them before winter.

To answer the original poster's question:
I love the car, even though it has had some of the common and not-so-common problems:
1) Dash / Windshield rattle: Fixed under warranty
2) Center console squeak: Fixed under warranty
3) Rattle in the front passenger door that appears if the radio is playing a song with even a bit of bass: Will ask the dealer to look at next service.

**Make sure your car comes with the Michelin tires... they have a much better reputation**

Last edited by 07CamHybrid; 06-08-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07CamHybrid
Has your mileage changed since installing the Goodyears? I too will have to replace the original Bridgestone tires soon, and I was looking at either the Triple Treads or Comfort Treads... but am worried that mileage will suffer because they are not low rolling resistance tires.

My vehicle only has about 18,500 miles... and I'll have to replace them before winter.

To answer the original poster's question:
I love the car, even though it has had some of the common and not-so-common problems:
1) Dash / Windshield rattle: Fixed under warranty
2) Center console squeak: Fixed under warranty
3) Rattle in the front passenger door that appears if the radio is playing a song with even a bit of bass: Will ask the dealer to look at next service.

**Make sure your car comes with the Michelin tires... they have a much better reputation**

There was no noticeable change in gas mileage, it stayed about the same. I found that the Goodyears are wearing very well, are quieter than the Bidgestone's and were a vast improvement on snow and wet surfaces.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Camry Freak

^Thanks^

I had the Comfort Treads on my last Camry, and I loved them... and am probably going to put them on in the next few months.