Warranty / Repair Items for TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Warranty / Repair Items for TCH?

As a new owner of a 2009 TCH, just wondering about reliability and what problems to look for. What have been your major warranty / repair issues with your Camry Hybrid? Thanks. Ken S.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Warranty / Repair Items for TCH?

Reliability is generally considered good, a few vibration noises in the cabin (rear vent to battery). Some needed a warranty covered brake replacement.
Things happen and some people have issues, but on balance, you shoudn't have too many, if any, problems.
Enjoy the car.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Hybrid Lover

I've had my 08 for nearly 8 months and have just under 5,600 miles. No problems whatsoever. No squeaks...nothing. The best car I've ever owned overall.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Warranty / Repair Items for TCH?

I'm with jwltch, I love this car! So far, 9983 trouble free miles since November!

Robb

Old 06-06-2008, 07:14 AM

I have about 12,400 miles on my 2007 and I have had two TSBs implemented. Neither of these were for warranty reasons so much as noise. They were the rear break squeak and the aux audio jack.

Other than that, I have had two warranty repairs. First, my sport shift **** fell apart in my hands. Second, the chrome molding horizontal to the ground below the driver-side back window was popping off.

I have a few noises inside the car and I can hear the brakes (I think there is a sway bar bushing problem -- they have a Canadian TSB but I have not found a US one yet.) The noises are not a big deal and I think they are mostly product of how quiet the car is.

We have to remember that the car is quiet, Toyota added sound dampening, but they did not give us Lexus quality interiors (that is, parts that fit well). You cannot have it all without paying out the cash -- right?

Bottom line is: I love the car and I think I am just more sensitive to these minor issues than I was with my former truck because of my participation in this forum and my good ear.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Warranty / Repair Items for TCH?

We have had our 2007 for almost 2 years and put 41,000 miles on it, and have not had to visit the service dept. of our Toyota dealer yet...

The only complaint so far; The original tires only lasted 26,000 miles, we replaced them with Goodyear "Triple Treads" and seem to be wearing much better than the original tires....

Old 06-06-2008, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by WIRELESS
...The original tires only lasted 26,000 miles,....
If I might ask, did you keep them properly inflated? Rotated? etc.
What brand were your originals?

Old 06-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
If I might ask, did you keep them properly inflated? Rotated? etc.
What brand were your originals?
I had Bridgestones, not sure of the model... and kept them at 38 lbs. pressure. I rotated them at each oil change, ie; 6,000 miles...

Old 06-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

My experience is an aberation. I have the 2007 TCH with moonroof. The moonroof version comes with rear reading lights. When they burnt out, the replacement bulb melted into the socket. 35 days in the shop and $8900 (of toyotas warranty money) later, I got my car back. This included replacing the wiring harness (portion under the dash anyways) twice and four out of the five compluters that talk to each other to allow the car to "start."

I am glad I got the extended warranty.

I still love my car.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by WIRELESS
I had Bridgestones, not sure of the model... and kept them at 38 lbs. pressure. I rotated them at each oil change, ie; 6,000 miles...
Hate to stir a hornet's nest, but inquiring minds want to know....
Could the pressure at 38 PSI versus the recommended 32 PSI caused the relatively short life?
Correct me if I am wrong, but tires, in general, should last 40M-50M miles, no?
I don't know the answer to this, one way or the other, but 26M miles is pretty poor, isn't it?

Quick Reply: Warranty / Repair Items for TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands