Toyota iPod Integration Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota iPod Integration Kit??

I don't think so.

The iPod will pause when you disconnect the headphones, but not when you disconnect power. I think you'd have to unplug it.

Of course the adapters mentioned above can pause it and charge it, but I assume you are just talking about the aux adapter.

By the way, I've ordered hte scosche adapter. It emulates a sat connection, and seems to do more than the CD based vaistech one.

Later!

Dang

Old 01-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dang
I don't think so.

The iPod will pause when you disconnect the headphones, but not when you disconnect power. I think you'd have to unplug it.

Of course the adapters mentioned above can pause it and charge it, but I assume you are just talking about the aux adapter.

By the way, I've ordered hte scosche adapter. It emulates a sat connection, and seems to do more than the CD based vaistech one.

Later!

Dang
As long s the scosche one can both charge and allow me to pause all is good. Basically, when I leave the car, I simply pause the iPod. I would much rather hit a button the NAV than find the place on the iPod. I did find a pinout of the iPod and it looks like you can control the on/off functionality but I need to get a plug to use.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dang
I don't think so.

Later!

Dang
Dang: Be sure to let us know when you get it and how it works! I am still trying to justify the money. (Or realy, trying to figure out how to justify spending the $150-$200 to my wife!)

Added: BTW, my ipod pauses and then goes to sleep after the car is shut off when using the Belkin ipod power adaptor which plugs into the bottom port on the ipod. It then "wakes up" when I start the car, and I have to push play on the ipod, and it resumes playing from where it left off.

Last edited by jbollt; 01-16-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast

I'll be getting the Scosche AXIPTA in the next few days if anyone is interested in how it works.

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID...productID/1476

Old 01-17-2008, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Wavern
I'll be getting the Scosche AXIPTA in the next few days if anyone is interested in how it works.

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID...productID/1476
Please let us know how the install goes and what features you get. If you are doing the install and don't mind taking pictures of how you took things apart or where you put them I know at least one person (me) would appreciate it.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Enthusiast

Well the part isn't getting here until Monday so it'll be sometime next week. I'm also going to attempt to build a pulse generator that'll trick the OEM nav unit into thinking that I'm an adult and should be able to interact with it while the car is moving. Should be able to install both at the same time.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 AM

Well the part isn't getting here until Monday so it'll be sometime next week. I'm also going to attempt to build a pulse generator that'll trick the OEM nav unit into thinking that I'm an adult and should be able to interact with it while the car is moving. Should be able to install both at the same time.
Awesome. Yeah, I want to get it to play DVD movies. I need to figure out how.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast

The VAIS folks have a device that'll play videos off the ipod on the NAV screen, though a youtube search of VAIS shows that the unit only shows video with the parking break engaged .... Didn't like that.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 AM

The VAIS folks have a device that'll play videos off the ipod on the NAV screen, though a youtube search of VAIS shows that the unit only shows video with the parking break engaged .... Didn't like that.
Yeah, that's dumb. I think someone posted about using the back up cam system as a video playing mechanism...I'll have to find it again.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Enthusiast

I'm also going to attempt to build a pulse generator that'll trick the OEM nav unit into thinking that I'm an adult and should be able to interact with it while the car is moving. Should be able to install both at the same time.

That would be nice. That's the most annoying thing about some factory NAV systems IMO. My 2007 Infiniti QX56 is the same deal. There is a hack for the Infiniti which involves cutting a wire and installing a switch. No way I'm attempting that until my warranty is up.

Quick Reply: Toyota iPod Integration Kit??

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands